Just MHO but Carnival done for the year.

paulgraff

If the pace of coronavirus cases increases in the coming weeks as a result of states opening back up then government officials may extend the no sail order.  Potential hotspots according to this prediction model are Florida’s southeast coast, Dallas, Houston, all of Alabama and other places in the South.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-hot-spots-erupt-across-the-country-experts-warn-of-possible-outbreaks-in-south/2020/05/20/49bc6d10-9ab4-11ea-a282-386f56d579e6_story.html

Edited by HLGW60

47 minutes ago, HLGW60 said:

If the pace of coronavirus cases increases in the coming weeks as a result of states opening back up then government officials may extend the no sail order.  Potential hotspots according to this prediction model are Florida’s southeast coast, Dallas, Houston, all of Alabama and other places in the South.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-hot-spots-erupt-across-the-country-experts-warn-of-possible-outbreaks-in-south/2020/05/20/49bc6d10-9ab4-11ea-a282-386f56d579e6_story.html

Doom and gloomers. Always gotta protect just in case. Dallas only had 1 death yesterday vs 10 we been running. Yes more testing = more positives. 

Goal posts moved. The shut down was so we didn't run out of hospital beds .. .now they want to move the goal post now that the goal meet.

I think it's politics myself. Playing games. Stay home, I'm booked in oct and plan on cruising 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Doom and gloomers. Always gotta protect just in case. Dallas only had 1 death yesterday vs 10 we been running. Yes more testing = more positives. 

Goal posts moved. The shut down was so we didn't run out of hospital beds .. .now they want to move the goal post now that the goal meet.

I think it's politics myself. Playing games. Stay home, I'm booked in oct and plan on cruising 

Yup. Spot on in every topic....more testing; goal posts moving; and political game playing. Uggghhhh.

I wish I had the self discipline to abandon this site for a good 3 or 4 months. It would certainly help my acid reflux and blood pressure. :classic_laugh:

But alas, I don't, so I keep coming back and continue to see the same gloom and doom, the sky is falling, cruise lines on the brink of disappearing forever, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum. So I usually don't say anything, unless I can say something positive, or post a link to factual information. Looking forward to our next cruise....and yours. Cheers! 🥂  🚢   🍹   🌴   🏖️🔜

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think it is very possible you will be on a cruise in October.  Projected to peak in NC in September and Projected to be on the downside in mid December.  I think October is a much more reasonable expectation than August.  Probably more like late October unless all of the reopening blows up in our face.  The goal posts are moving because the situation is fluid because it is a virus.  Not because of some political crap.  Although I do believe politics is being played on both sides of the aisle, but we aren't allowed to talk about that.  Again, sorry that being realistic is considered doom and gloom.  I just see it as realistic.

• Like 1