Sky Princess heading to Europe

Travelw

Just looked at bridge cam from Sky and it says heading to Europe.  Date stamp shows today’s date.  Not sure what this means for Europe cruises.

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Dennis,  maybe Sky was due to cruise Europe over the summer and it's getting set up for the season. According to Princess website Sky has trips scheduled for July in northern europe.  

Edited by AF-1

It is scheduled to cruise the Baltic, we are booked on the August 13th cruise.  I am surprised though after reading what Carnival CEO said as well as Princess head that when cruising starts it will be at a very reduced number of ships cruising.  Since cruising will not start until after July 1st and Sky’s TA is scheduled for September back to US, just surprised ship would go over for a short season.  Don’t even know which ports will be open in Europe.

Travelw;  right now I think all the cruise lines will be happy just to have passengers.  Even if it means a reduced amount on each ship.  The crews that are sitting on ships want to be able to entertain again; so Princess is sending their ships around the world in hopes that once they get the ok to start sailing; they are ready.  This of course is my opinion and does not reflect Princess views.  Have a great Saturday

Sky is relocating crew - nothing more, nothing less ...

you're dreaming if you think any cruises will start before 9/1 - and I'm an always glass half-full dude !🥃🤑🚢🌈🦄

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Travelw said:

Just looked at bridge cam from Sky and it says heading to Europe.  Date stamp shows today’s date.  Not sure what this means for Europe cruises.

Dennis

On the 30th, european crew from coral and other ships transfered to Sky.

Sky then departed Great Isaac Cay Anchorage, destination Rotterdam.

Crew will be bussed to schipol to continue their onward journies home.

I don't think this had anything to do with a revenue season in europe, but rather had to

do with re-patriating crew ... which wasn't going to happen with US travel/flight restrictions

on crew.

Coral is going to sail for Manilla, to repatriate crew.

No help for any revenue cruise...

Best if you don't have a lot of luggage for the transship...

wiepquoiwi53bmgthkk3.jpg

Edited by Roberto256

18 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Its heading to Rotterdam to drop crew off I do believe

Possibly the same as Regal Princess;

https://www.portofrotterdam.com/en/news-and-press-releases/regal-princess-to-call-on-rotterdam

The cruise ship is carrying around 1,000 passengers on board: employees of the Holland America Group from the Netherlands and other European countries. They belong to the crews of a variety of vessels operated by Seabourn, Princess and Holland America Line, as well as other shipping companies. These passengers will be disembarking in Rotterdam and continue their journey home from there.

The ship’s call has been carefully prepared in accordance with RIVM guidelines and approved beforehand by the responsible authorities. Regal Princess will be departing from the port of Rotterdam at 5 p.m. that same day.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:371815/mmsi:310674000/imo:9584724/vessel:REGAL_PRINCESS

Edited by billco