Chase TRAVEL credit cards now give 5x on groceries

clo

8 hours ago, tgg said:

The dollar amount you can earn is not significant, but it's nice to get anything extra right now.

That's sure my attitude. We have no travel planned, except maybe the RV, for the rest of the year. And who knows about restaurants? With half of their tables removed, they'll likely be dropping like flies.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:50 PM, RJB said:

And do you know how Costco is categorized? Would think they should be. 

Bob checked and Costco categorized as "shopping." Dagnabbit.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:40 PM, ORV said:
  • Here is the email I got 
More points at grocery stores
Automatically earn 6X total points at grocery stores.
Special offer:
From May 1 through July 31, 2020, you’ll earn a total of 6X points on up to $5,000 spent at grocery stores with your Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card.* No enrollment or activation required.

We will travel again, and we can’t wait to welcome you back. Until that day 

Not worth it.....it  is only for 3 months..... unless you have it     HAVE  A  MARRIOTT BONVOY CARD  I don't  think Chase has a "Travel" card per se.     My Bonvoy premier business  pays  regular 6x marriott stay, 4x restaurant, groceries, gas, tele, shipping  2x everything else

The card dose not work at Costco/ Sams     thats why I dont shop them..

Edited by Hawaiidan

FYI:

For anyone that has the AE Hilton Honors card, you can earn up to 12x extra pts. at the grocery store thru July:

SUPERMARKETS

From fresh produce to frozen treats, you’ll earn more.

Earn an extra 6 Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. supermarkets (for a total of 12 Points) from May 1, 2020 through July 31, 2020 when using your Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card. There is no enrollment required.

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Not worth it.....it  is only for 3 months..... unless you have it 

I don't know about the Bonvoy card but the annual fee for the Chase Sapphire Reserve recently increased from $450 to $550 per year so, yeah, you sure wouldn't get it just for this.

19 hours ago, clo said:

I don't know about the Bonvoy card but the annual fee for the Chase Sapphire Reserve recently increased from $450 to $550 per year so, yeah, you sure wouldn't get it just for this.

The Marriott( Bonvoy) chase card is $95 a year.... but you get the ability to use points for FF  on 40 different airlines   and   a free Marriott hotel night each year..  not bad because you can  use it on $250 a night hotels.......  I get more benefit and flexibility  than my UA  premier card.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

The Marriott( Bonvoy) chase card is $95 a year.... but you get the ability to use points for FF  on 40 different airlines   and   a free Marriott hotel night each year..  not bad because you can  use it on $250 a night hotels.......  I get more benefit and flexibility  than my UA  premier card.

I'm not familiar with the UA premier card. ?

It's certainly your best shot for getting maximum value. You can transfer Ultimate Rewards points to 10 airline programs (British Airways, Flying Blue, JetBlue, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Southwest, United, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus and Iberia) and three hotel programs (Hyatt, IHG, and Marriott).Mar 27, 2020

Chase Ultimate Rewards: Transfer & maximize - The Points Guy

Actually with their $300 credit for travel that brings the cost way down. And if we purchase through the portal you get 1.5 points.