Which Europe Itinerary? We've narrowed it down!

On 5/5/2020 at 12:37 AM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Thank you to everyone who responded with suggestions on my previous thread.  We have narrowed it down to three cruises.  2 Eastern Mediterranean and one Greek Isles.  Which one would you pick and why?  TIA

Infinity 7 nights.  Rome - Sicily - Valleta - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Trieste - Venice 

Connie 9 nights.  Venice - Venice - Kotor - Sicily - Naples - Portofino - Florence - Rome

Connie 10 nights.  Venice - Katakolon - Santorini - Ephesus - Mykonos - Athens - Chania Crete - Zakynthos - Venice

I assume this is your first Med. cruise (I didn't see your prior thread).  I would not do a 7-night cruise in Europe as you'll be dead tired on the first day after boarding as you may have jet lag.  Personally, I would do the 10-nt although you'd miss Rome, but OTOH have a good look at Greece.  The 9-night looks interesting, esp. if you can spend a few days post-cruise to explore Rome.

5 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

I assume this is your first Med. cruise (I didn't see your prior thread).  I would not do a 7-night cruise in Europe as you'll be dead tired on the first day after boarding as you may have jet lag.  Personally, I would do the 10-nt although you'd miss Rome, but OTOH have a good look at Greece.  The 9-night looks interesting, esp. if you can spend a few days post-cruise to explore Rome.

We picked the 9 night Constellation for Rome and Venice.   We will spend one night pre-cruise in Venice since there is already a couple days built into the itinerary and spend 2 nights post cruise in Rome.  Hoping things change in Europe for next summer.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We picked the 9 night Constellation for Rome and Venice.   We will spend one night pre-cruise in Venice since there is already a couple days built into the itinerary and spend 2 nights post cruise in Rome.  Hoping things change in Europe for next summer.  

Sounds like a good trip.  Enjoy!

On 5/9/2020 at 2:28 PM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Great choice! May summer 2021 be a prime Europe cruise season!

20 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Great choice! May summer 2021 be a prime Europe cruise season!

+1!  Not mentioned, but the sail into Kotor is magnificent!  And the area right off the ship is beautiful if you don't mind climbing stairs.  Take a private tour to see the church in the middle of the fjord, and to the old town.  And the sail leaving Kotor is just as magnificent as the sail in - if you were still asleep in the a.m.

On 5/5/2020 at 12:37 AM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Thank you to everyone who responded with suggestions on my previous thread.  We have narrowed it down to three cruises.  2 Eastern Mediterranean and one Greek Isles.  Which one would you pick and why?  TIA

Infinity 7 nights.  Rome - Sicily - Valleta - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Trieste - Venice 

Connie 9 nights.  Venice - Venice - Kotor - Sicily - Naples - Portofino - Florence - Rome

Connie 10 nights.  Venice - Katakolon - Santorini - Ephesus - Mykonos - Athens - Chania Crete - Zakynthos - Venice

The longer cruise would be my choice.  I have been to most of the ports in all three.

The ports for Rome and Florence require a lot of travel just to get to those cities.  Those cities deserve way more than a part of a day, therefore, I would discount those ports, even though these are two of my favorite places on Earth.

Dubrovnik is a great port especially for a day.

Venice is included in all three, love Venice.

The ports in Greece are fabulous, love Mykonos, Santorini.  Athens is special.  Crete is great, but you need more than a day to visit so many places.

Ephesus is great.  Naples has much to see in Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast.

Trieste was OK, but not much compared to the ports I mentioned above.

Haven't been to Valleta, Sicily, Kotor, Katakolon or Zkynthos.