Future cruise credit or refund

1 minute ago, mrlevin said:

Jackie, thanks.  I wonder what "short time" means; six months, one year, two years?  I am still keeping my cruises booked and I have FCC that is uninsured I just hope that they have a viable business model that includes the older Regent ships.

Again, thanks,

Marc

I wonder the same thing.  I would look up the rules but do not have enough understanding of what has just transpired to know what to Google.  You are so much better at this than I am!

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Key words from the link you provided

Contingent on completion of the transactions  As Yogi Berra used to say, it ain't over until it is over.

They completed yesterday. The demand was there...now it is just paperwork.

If you want to be Negative Nancy and hang your hat on it falling through, please, be my guest.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

ABTA, Association of British Travel Agents of which Regent is a member. Also our TA is a member but I am not sure what this confers on either in the current situation. 

Many UK travel insurance companies are no longer covering for Coronavirus. 

I am not sure how we will fair anyway, since we have had no new infections for six days and may not be allowed to travel off island until after September. We may be allowed to travel within the Bailiwick in a month or two. 

1 hour ago, jeb_bud said:

It’s all a matter of how one deals with uncertainty. I’m looking forward to discovering my risk tolerance when the time comes for me to make final payment for our LA to LA cruise in October. Today I think we are going to pay but that’s easy to say two months before the deadline. It mostly depends on whether bankruptcy seems imminent. 

We are basically in the same boat as you    :O)

We have a cruise booked on another cruiseline for the end of September out of Miami....to pay or not to pay....

got a great deal on a great cabin with lots of OBC, prepaid gratuities , etc.

59 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

The article and NCLH say 12 months. Not sure where you get 18-24 months. 

I will help you with the math.

Burn rate of $100M - $150M per month (this is from many previous NCLH statements) and liquidity of $3.5B yields roughly 23 to 35 months of liquidity.

Statement from article says "the Company expects to have approximately $3.5 billion of liquidity. This significantly strengthens the Company's financial position and liquidity runway and it now expects to be positioned to withstand well over 12 months of voyage suspensions in a potential downside scenario."

Because they didn't spell it out (as they tend not to speak out more than 12 months) my post had the word "probably" in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Pcardad...

You are a voice of intelligence, reason and a Regent supporter.

Thank you for being there during a difficult time!

sheila

Thank you. I try very hard to be reasonable. I am loyal to their performance...and will remain so as long as they continue to earn it. Facts are facts and opinions are......well, we all know what opinions are. 

Having said that, there are a lot of people who are, rightfully, concerned. NCLH has not done the best PR job and they left a number of opportunities on the table. If I can help make people feel better by sharing facts, thne they are better able to make informed decisions and regain some control of their situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Pcardad...

sheila

Are you kidding me. He is an agent for Regent and makes money off Regent. 

• Like 4

Add cruise refund liabilities to that cash burn number.  $1.6 Billion.  With a 50/50 full refund versus rebook w/FCC that's at least $400 billion.  Reduced sales rate won't replace that amount of cash anytime soon.  Add in the required cash holdback in order to do business with the credit card companies.  I don't have that number but it will be a lot.  Add to that number the fact that the guys writing the PE checks now run the company.

The numbers aren't nearly as rosy as at first glance. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Pcardad...

sheila

Sheila,

I agree with you but wonder why a person with 400+ nights on Regent that is taking the time to share information with us is being attacked on two threads?  He is also providing some much needed lighthearted jokes but is be criticized for that as well.  We know that he is a TA but that does not make what he says any less informative or factual.

You likely agree that this is the time to work together, learn as much as possible and, if necessary take action.  There are a couple of posters that have been very helpful lately in providing information to us.  These posters and I rarely agree on anything but I have thanked them for their information.  Thankfully, some posters are being kinder, more forgiving of opposing views and it makes the Regent board a better place to be.

We all want the same thing ......... to end this silent killer so that we do not lose any more friends or family members.  Most of us want Regent to resume cruising in a safe manner.  I suppose that we can still achieve this by attacking each other but isn't it better to. have the Regent board to be a place that we enjoy coming to during these horrific times?    

Jackie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jackie.....Everything you said expresses my thoughts.
It’s ok to disagree. 
We all have our doubts and questions. However, I get upset when a very small number of people do not have one good word to say about Regent. Some have never sailed with us before. 
Before this nightmare, the board was a fun place to visit. There were always disagreements. But everyone loved Regent and that was our bond. I wish we could return to that, even now. 
sheila

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

Are you kidding me. He is an agent for Regent and makes money off Regent. 

Pcardad has been honest and up front about who he is. He speaks simply, humorously and tries to share information. 
I am an agent for Regent because I have invested many years and lots of money in them. I received wonderful experiences and some of the best memories in my life, Regent has given me joy and happiness on birthday and anniversary celebrations. 

I really know less about you than him. 

Sheila

44 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Sheila,

I agree with you but wonder why a person with 400+ nights on Regent that is taking the time to share information with us is being attacked on two threads?  He is also providing some much needed lighthearted jokes but is be criticized for that as well.  We know that he is a TA but that does not make what he says any less informative or factual.

There is a difference between lighthearted jokes and being condescending. I would never criticize someone’s age because they don’t share my sense of humor. That is not cool on any level. Besides no one likes a know it all. You can tell who is genuine and who is pompous. 

• Like 2

Just to be clear in my mind, you're a travel agent for Regent?  Or a social influencer type of agent?

7 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Pcardad has been honest and up front about who he is. He speaks simply, humorously and tries to share information. 
I am an agent for Regent because I have invested many years and lots of money in them. I received wonderful experiences and some of the best memories in my life, Regent has given me joy and happiness on birthday and anniversary celebrations. 

I really know less about you than him. 

Sheila

Just to be clear in my mind - you're a travel agent for Regent?  Or you mean you're a sort of social media agent for Regent - a social influencer is the phrase these days, I think.

Thanks for any response - it helps provide  context for me.

Edited by greykitty

4 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

There is a difference between lighthearted jokes and being condescending. I would never criticize someone’s age because they don’t share my sense of humor. That is not cool on any level. Besides no one likes a know it all. You can tell who is genuine and who is pompous. 

I didn't criticize anyone's age. I pointed out the difference in ages as a reason why we may not understand the same humor. 

I don't know it ALL - i clearly differentiate between my opinions and what I source as fact.

And I don't even know what a social influencer is - I don't even use a facebook page.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greykitty said:

Just to be clear in my mind, you're a travel agent for Regent?  Or a social influencer type of agent?

Just to be clear in my mind - you're a travel agent for Regent?  Or you mean you're a sort of social media agent for Regent - a social influencer is the phrase these days, I think.

Thanks for any response - it helps provide  context for me.

Ok... since you have not been on the Regent board before this crisis, and you have never sailed on a Regent ship, I will share my background with you..for many years I was Vice President of Sales and Marketing for a nationally known developer. My husband was President of a fabric company, with offices in New York City and Shanghai China. My first cruise on Regent was on the Raddison Diamond in 1992.. Herb and I have sailed around the world on Regent ships in subsequent years. We retired many years ago. For many years, I have used a portable oxygen concentrator when we travel. In recent years, many onboard have seen me on my red scooter. We have had, as most folks, many serious problems in life. Two, in particular, come to mind. Both times, I sailed on Regent alone... I was so looked after by the staff. I bless them to this day. 
Regent is very much a big part of our lives!
You flatter me by calling me a “social influencer”. 
Does this provide context for you?

sheila

PS. I would love to know more about you!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Ok... since you have not been on the Regent board before this crisis, and you have never sailed on a Regent ship, I will share my background with you..for many years I was Vice President of Sales and Marketing for a nationally known developer. My husband was President of a fabric company, with offices in New York City and Shanghai China. My first cruise on Regent was on the Raddison Diamond in 1992.. Herb and I have sailed around the world on Regent ships in subsequent years. We retired many years ago. For many years, I have used a portable oxygen concentrator when we travel. In recent years, many onboard have seen me on my red scooter. We have had, as most folks, many serious problems in life. Two, in particular, come to mind. Both times, I sailed on Regent alone... I was so looked after by the staff. I bless them to this day. 
Regent is very much a big part of our lives!
You flatter me by calling me a “social influencer”. 
Does this provide context for you?

sheila

PS. I would love to know more about you!

Thanks for your quick response - the word 'agent' in an earlier post today made me curious.  I can see why you appear to have a deeply emotional attachment to Regent.

As mentioned before, I recently retired and now have  opportunities for longer, most extensive 'holidays'.  I spent 40 years with one of the Big 4 international accounting firms - where I learned always to seek out context for statements and beliefs, and, 'to follow the money'.  And, to see what's between the lines vis a vis press releases LOL

A neighbor (a former American Airlines captain) has always loved cruising and recommended a few lines to me, including Regent, as possibly being a 'good fit'.  In fact, he and his wife were on one of the last Viking transatlantics (Miami-Barcelona) and he currently praises Viking leadership for ensuring that cruise turned right around mid trip and returned to Miami.  They think that being quarantined either on ship or in a foreign city would have been challenging, to say the least. 

They also recommended just reading Cruise Critic, past and present, to get a feel for the various lines, at least as portrayed by some of their more frequent posters.  I have to admit, reading about Regent on these boards around 2009 has been a trip through history, for sure!  And I'm sure almost everyone wishes a return to the days when 'champagne wars' was the hottest topic on hand!

Right now, I'm 'agnostic' about cruise lines.  That said, I'm also 'fresh blood' for any of them.  Me, and people like me,  they have to court - they know they have some passengers who will never switch no matter what. 

But, to be fair, all of this is basically a first world problem - a diversion from so many of the hard issues all of us see every hour, every day.  With good fortune, maybe there will be a quick return to 'darn, which tequilas should be stocked' discussions and a feeling of whatever our new normal will turn out to be.

• Like 2

greykitty - agree - this is a first world problem.  I find it interesting that you feel that a cruise lines needs to court you in order to try them (not criticism - just a perspective that I had not thought about).   While not wanting to be negative, in my opinion, Regent will not be what it was when cruising begins due to the virus (just as CC isn't quite the same as before).  I would wait to try a different cruise line until the virus is contained or a vaccine or cure is found.  

You know that we are fairly loyal Regent customers but have tried two other luxury lines and found them quite enjoyable.  Regent is simply a better fit for us and we are likely to not switch again (unless we do a quickie west coast itinerary on Celebrity - a premium cruise line - and stay in one of the top suites again).  

I remember the champagne "wars" from years ago (as well as the ones related to visiting a country with one case of a virus that I can't even remember at the moment).  The wars about included excursions still pop up now and then but discussions have changed over the years.  

• Like 2

I did not criticize anyone's age...I highlighted a DIFFERENCE in age group as a possible explanation as to why my sense of humor might not be the same as another's. I also made fun of myself for wearing a cheerleader's outfit. 

PS - the post is still there....as are all of mine.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

I read Pcardad's post and I took it as comment about generational or cultural jokes.  I do not understand some of my daughter's humor (around his age) and my husband doesn't understand much U.S. humor as he was not raised here.  I don't find these observations to be offensive in any way.  Heck, I don't even understand some of the language (bad is good, tight is also good I think ....... different generations - almost different languages).

Pcardad - we were posting at the same time.  

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Like 2