NCL BROKE MY HEART

On 5/7/2020 at 2:25 AM, purpletequila said:

Even if they ultimately canceled the cruise anyway? Seems like a ***** technicality during a global pandemic, especially if the reason they are canceling has to do with said pandemic which, ultimately, is why the whole thing was canceled on both ends. It's nonsense. I'm with the OP.

Royal Caribbean and carnival have the same policy. So do all the airlines. 

On 5/5/2020 at 3:49 PM, Kathy DelGaudio said:
My husband and I have been loyal NCL Latitudes Members having taken more than 10 voyages with them. They were our cruiseline of choice, we always went to their site first when deciding to cruise. We loved sailing with NCL. We last took a cruise from NY to Bermuda in October 2019 and scheduled an Alaskan cruise from Seattle on May 2 through May 9th 2020. When the Covid19 pandemic began we contacted our NCL cruise consultant in early March. He assured us falsely that there was no reason for concern. When we heard via media that Dr. Fauci was suggesting people not cruise during this time we affirmatively contacted same NCL cruise consultant about our concerns as we are within the senior population. Our concerns were met with a deaf ear and our payment was not returned. Follow-up with NCL stated that they are holding our payment for future cruises under a "peace of mind" guarantee. Despite the fact that NCL finally "got onboard" and cancelled the cruise due to the pandemic, they continue to refuse to refund our payment. By this posture NCL has shown two loyal customers that they have no concern for our physical or financial health. On our last cruise we purchased $1,000.00 worth of future cruise credits and encouraged family cruising with us to do the same. This money is in NCL's hands and we are not asking for that to be returned. However, their refusal to return the balance paid in full for a cruise that never sailed is unconscionable!
gGPRzHuW8qT.pngLike
Comment

Hi,

I am also disillusioned with NCL.  I have been a loyal customer for many years.

I purchased $2,000 of credit for future cruises which expires in a year. I usually cruise extensively and would have used all the coupons during normal times.

I contacted them for a refund, as I am a senior and will not be cruising any time soon, if ever.

They said in a round about way, "too bad". They were rude and dismissive.

At 73 years old, I cannot afford to lose $2,000, especially with the fear of cruising ever again.

I have heard there will be cruise companies who will go out of business. The possibility of NCL going out of business was mentioned.

I'm wondering if there will be a class action lawsuit against NCL.  I keep reading to see if anyone has gotten refunds, but I have found nothing.  I think I will keep checking in on this board to see if people band together to get some resolution from Norwegian.

I do have a choice when cruising opens again.  If I decide to ever cruise again, I doubt I will cruise with NCL

2 hours ago, EasyGoinGal said:

Hi,

I purchased $2,000 of credit for future cruises which expires in a year. I usually cruise extensively and would have used all the coupons during normal times.

I contacted them for a refund, as I am a senior and will not be cruising any time soon, if ever.

At 73 years old, I cannot afford to lose $2,000, especially with the fear of cruising ever again.

I have heard there will be cruise companies who will go out of business. The possibility of NCL going out of business was mentioned.

I'm wondering if there will be a class action lawsuit against NCL.  I keep reading to see if anyone has gotten refunds, but I have found nothing.  I think I will keep checking in on this board to see if people band together to get some resolution from Norwegian.

I do have a choice when cruising opens again.  If I decide to ever cruise again, I doubt I will cruise with NCL

Perhaps you should contact a certain cruise lawyer named Walker, let us know how that goes.

3 hours ago, EasyGoinGal said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, NCL is not going to refund the $1000 you spent purchasing the certificates 3 years ago. They were refundable for the first 30 days. You are over 1100 days now. You can sell the certificates (for $1000), use the certificates (for $2000), or consider it sunk cost  and move on (you have not missed the $1000 for the past 3 years). 

No one has received refunds. And no one is going to take on a suit when the CruiseNext Terms and Conditions you agreed to clearly state: 4. CND(s) are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant shipboard credit (listed as Non-Refundable Onboard Credit) received. 

• Like 2