Marella’s announcement about re-start

Taken from TUI website about cancelled sailings.

o  All sailings on Marella Celebration
    o  Sailings on Marella Discovery 2 up to 30 April 2021
    o  Sailings on Marella Dream up to 4 May 2021
    o  Marella Discovery sailings in December 2020 and January 2021
    o  Marella Explorer 2 sailings between 5 May 2021 to 20 October 2021 

So all passengers due to travel on Celebrstion in summer 2021 will be upgraded for free to that ship, where they have children and can’t use that ship they will be given the credit refund note and 20% incentive instead. Explorer 2 to home port in Dubrovnik and pull out of Naples.

The Far East sailings are cancelled for this upcoming winter.

Discovery 2 will start in March 2021 covering the Pathos sailings Celebration was meant to do and again those customers will be upgraded to that ship. The itinerary will be on sale in June.

Customers on Discovery’s transatlantic sailing for this winter can transfer over to the new sailing which will be in Feb 2021. 

23 minutes ago, Colbrit said:

So all passengers due to travel on Celebrstion in summer 2021 will be upgraded for free to that ship, where they have children and can’t use that ship they will be given the credit refund note and 20% incentive instead. Explorer 2 to home port in Dubrovnik and pull out of Naples.

Discovery 2 will start in March 2021 covering the Pathos sailings Celebration was meant to do and again those customers will be upgraded to that ship. The itinerary will be on sale in June.

Customers on Discovery’s transatlantic sailing for this winter can transfer over to the new sailing which will be in Feb 2021. 

Thanks for posting COLBRIT those who dares may win, I have my cruise booked for June 2021 Sunshine State and Sand,s but until there is a Vaccination similar to the Flu jab, its a no no for me, three hours Gatwick  10 hour flight  and two weeks on a ship.

34 minutes ago, Colbrit said:

I couldn’t find how to edit my post - more announcement in press today.

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/marella-cruises-to-restart-summer-2020-sailings-this-july/

2 hours ago, matt34uk said:

why are they cancelling for next year already ? 

Because they are redeploying ships to different regions, mainly to take over Celebrations itineraries.

Edited by Jack McGowan

4 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Thanks for posting COLBRIT those who dares may win, I have my cruise booked for June 2021 Sunshine State and Sand,s but until there is a Vaccination similar to the Flu jab, its a no no for me, three hours Gatwick  10 hour flight  and two weeks on a ship.

I fancy some of the US sailings too but I'm going to hold off booking any cruises until I'm convinced the risk is being considerably lower than it is now.

1 hour ago, Jim The Scot said:

Am I missing something?Looking at the cancellations the Dream seems to be redundant until May 2021 🙁,or is it Marella way of saying that its following the Celebration

I think they have crunched numbers and looked at cancellations they’ve had and trimming costs. Does Dream belong to Marella or is it on a lease? I don’t understand how it works I’m just guessing. Can it be returned to the owner maybe enforcing a force majeur clause? 

Now is not the time to bring new customers to cruise - people are going to be cautious for a long time. A smaller fleet until they can be sure if the sales. I wonder what they would do with D2 until Feb 2021? Where do you store cruise ships? 

3 minutes ago, Colbrit said:

I think they have crunched numbers and looked at cancellations they’ve had and trimming costs. Does Dream belong to Marella or is it on a lease? I don’t understand how it works I’m just guessing. Can it be returned to the owner maybe enforcing a force majeur clause? 

Now is not the time to bring new customers to cruise - people are going to be cautious for a long time. A smaller fleet until they can be sure if the sales. I wonder what they would do with D2 until Feb 2021? Where do you store cruise ships? 

I wonder the same thing about the dream. Disco 2 is currently in Southampton along with about 90% of the rest of the fleet, wether she stays in the area remains to be seen. 

22 hours ago, Colbrit said:

I couldn’t find how to edit my post - more announcement in press today.

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/marella-cruises-to-restart-summer-2020-sailings-this-july/

Dear Colbrit

You will also find this information on Cruise Critic: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5333/

best wishes

14 hours ago, Colbrit said:

How about the river Fal in Cornwall.

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

How about the river Fal in Cornwall.

16 hours ago, Colbrit said:

Where do they store cruise ships ?

Bring a couple of them up to the Firth of Forth or the Firth of Clyde and lets have some sailings from there  round Britain and Ireland.

Tui have been neglecting their loyal northern cruisers for too long with re-positioning, Middle East, Far East, Caribbean and USA cruises only available from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick.

If FO and CMV can do it why can't Tui.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:07 PM, Jack McGowan said:

Because they are redeploying ships to different regions, mainly to take over Celebrations itineraries.

so i have my cruise cancelled again 😞 its like its never going to happen 

41 minutes ago, Converted to cruising said:

Me too.....2nd one. Ist  one Covid 19.😷 2nd One itinerary change 🙁

Don't know your age group but perhaps, hopefully, you have plenty of cruises to enjoy in the future, for us in our seventies this could be the end of our cruising certainly no more flights, so don't be to disappointed. 🤗

Thank you.....I’m 70 in October 😫 so was hoping to get a few in before then 😆. Hopefully next year will bring an immunization jab so I’m canceling my 70th this year due to Coronavirus and staying at 69 until next October 😆. Stay safe and hopefully this is not the end yet for cruising for you and all of us seniors.  

That's sounds a good idea, the jab sounds great fingers crossed for that, unfortunately the FCO have not lifted the recommendation of no cruises for 70s in the forceable future so no chance of insurance and without insurance no cruise, we are hoping that a cruise late next year may be on the cards but it will have to be a no fly so after over fifty with Marella we may have to try another line. 😊

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

That's sounds a good idea, the jab sounds great fingers crossed for that, unfortunately the FCO have not lifted the recommendation of no cruises for 70s in the forceable future so no chance of insurance and without insurance no cruise, we are hoping that a cruise late next year may be on the cards but it will have to be a no fly so after over fifty with Marella we may have to try another line. 😊

Roger you have everything you want sailing from So,ton,  Baltics,   Fjords   Eastern med  and Canary,s  even Transatlantic and back  and three hours down from East Midlands and your on your ship,

30 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Roger you have everything you want sailing from So,ton,  Baltics,   Fjords   Eastern med  and Canary,s  even Transatlantic and back  and three hours down from East Midlands and your on your ship,

We are looking at it Howard particularly Celebrity Fjords just waiting for the FOC  lifting the warning on us traveling on a cruise, any cruise, obviously disappointed about missing the North cape and Adriatic this year, still no refund, but unlike you had nothing booked for next year, can imagine how you feel. Fingers crossed for us all ongoing. 

Guess if its a long term plan that you isolate for 14 days after returning into the UK. That's going to make any cruising starting anytime soon a struggle. Go on a cruise for two weeks then stay in the house for two weeks when you return. I'm still struggling to get how you get people thru corfu Airport, its crammed at the best of times never mind with social distancing 

We,d have to be able to get a flight out of the uk first and a country to accept uk tourists before the 14 days isolation on return would actually affect us

Spot on regards social distancing thru Corfu airport but you can say the same for uk airports and on the aircraft.

Personlly think somewhere along the lines the goverment will tweak the ruling regards social distancing at airports and on the aircraft

Hi Jim the family due to go 9th Oct for two weeks. Who knows, not even sure if they scale down the ex Scotland flights to corfu or not. 

Can't see them having a vaccine anytime soon. Even then it should be quite rightly given to the front line key staff. I've asked our friend from staff who made it back to manilla and have a contract to restart end June if they have heard anything since the three ship announcement. 

Keep safe 

Hi Fife

Similar,we,re due to go on 10th October but not optimistic to be honest.In fact even if FCO lift the restrictions not sure if we will be comfortable flying so much so we,re contemplating cancelling before balance is due and losing our deposit.Hanging off though for as close to our balance pay day in hope company cancels our holiday...Virgin

Jim

Looks even less likely given the information from earlier (1) Health secretary saying foreign holidays doubtful this summer. (2) Spain also doing a quarantine of 14 days. We await further information from Marella