How to get cruise credit transferred to my name?

I paid for a relative’s cruise deposit as we were all going on a cruise to Japan. They have never been in a cruise. We are all now cancelling and the cruise line will only give us credit (non refundable deposit). However the credit for his reservation will be under his name, not mine. It’s very likely they will never use it and I want the money or the credit back. Any ideas how can solve this? I thought that maybe if I change his wife’s name for mine on the reservation then the credit would also have my name. However I already a reservation in my name for my cabin. What to do??  

3 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

Any ideas how can solve this? I thought that maybe if I change his wife’s name for mine on the reservation then the credit would also have my name. However I already a reservation in my name for my cabin. What to do??

Put yourself in one of those cabins on paper - RCI is unlikely to catch that you are already booked in a different cabin, but at least one person has to stay - that person's FCC will likely be lost if they never cruise again.

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Put yourself in one of those cabins on paper - RCI is unlikely to catch that you are already booked in a different cabin, but at least one person has to stay - that person's FCC will likely be lost if they never cruise again.

You could also later book the cruise in that person't name, apply the FCC, then change the name.

36 minutes ago, SRF said:

You could also later book the cruise in that person't name, apply the FCC, then change the name.

Would that work?? 

We are in the same boat (Pun intended) as the OP, we booked a cruise for our Mothers, we paid for the whole deal and then we cancelled before the CWC in its current state. We cancelled when they were doing the 1/2 Cash - 1/2 FCC. 

Now in speaking with my mom, she basically no longer wants to go on a cruise, this was going to be her very first cruise, now she has a bad feeling about it.....is there any  way we can move this FCC to my  name  or my wife's name, as we plan to continue cruising and don't want to lose the $$ ?

Edited by CTCruiser76

11 minutes ago, Bucket29 said:

I thought I read somewhere anyone over 70 could gift their future cruise credit- can anyone confirm?

That was announced back when a Dr's note was required.  I doubt that option still exists ans the Dr's note is no longer a requirement

Pasodancer,  This can be done as I did it with a 75% off cruise credit. I had the person the credit was issued to create a letter to transfer the coupon over into my name, it was notarized and sent to Royal Caribbean by cert mail. They accepted the transfer and I got 75% off an Alaskan cruise. I will note that my then TA laughed at me and said it would never work---I later showed him my credit used and never used that TA again. Good luck and your transfer is possible. Brett

3 hours ago, theOSU1 said:

Pasodancer,  This can be done as I did it with a 75% off cruise credit. I had the person the credit was issued to create a letter to transfer the coupon over into my name, it was notarized and sent to Royal Caribbean by cert mail. They accepted the transfer and I got 75% off an Alaskan cruise. I will note that my then TA laughed at me and said it would never work---I later showed him my credit used and never used that TA again. Good luck and your transfer is possible. Brett

While it is worth a try a 75% off cruise credit is different than a FCC and these are different times than when you redeemed yours. Not sure it will work in today’s environment. 

• Like 1

If the other passenger that recieved the FCC certificate opted for a refund instead, wouldn't the credit refund go to the credit card account that was used to pay for the cruise costs?

Edit> As you were. I didn't read the OP correctly. They were not asking about FCC. Sorry, but I couldn't find how to delete my post.

Edited by BBQluver
Question does not relate to topic