CNBC "Mad Money" Interview with Frank Del Rio - today

16 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Another interview with Del Rio. Quite a bit of information about future plans.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/norwegian-cruise-ceo-frank-del-rio-future-of-cruising/

Interesting interview - del Rio is a good rep for his lines.  Probably way too early for him to discuss how they're going to, possibly, refinance the expensive money they raised this week or L Catterton's role going forward.  And, not the purpose of his hitting the media rounds right now anyway, I suppose.

No one has mentioned that Mr. Del Rio said three NCL, one Oceania, and ONE Regent to start.  I imagine it will be Splendor in Caribbean starting 28 November (nine nights) or 7 December (seven nights).  

Marc

What is this "no discounting" statement?!?!

Oceania Cruises launched what it called 'The Ultimate Sale,' and with per person prices starting at $999 for inside staterooms and $1,399 for veranda rooms on an upmarket line like this, that's no overstatement. 

Travelers can select from more than 400 voyages departing in 2020, 2021 or 2022 sailing throughout Europe, Alaska, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, New England/Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean and Panama Canal, South America, Africa and Arabia, and 'grand voyages' that traverse the continents.

Hosted sailings

The Ultimate Sale highlights several specialty cruises hosted by Oceania's Bob Binder , president, CEO and co-founder; James Rodriguez, EVP sales and marketing; Jacques Pépin , executive culinary director; or Claudine Pépin , Jacques' daughter and Sirena godmother.

Each of these cruises will also feature special on-board programming and events.

Hosted by Binder, the 2020 Oceania Club Reunion Cruise is planned to depart Oct. 26 aboard Regatta, from Tokyo to Singapore.

The 2021 Oceania Club Reunion Cruise, embarking July 9 aboard Regatta, from Seattle to Seattle, will be hosted by Rodriguez.

Claudine and Jacques Pépin

The 2021 Claudine Pépin Cruise is set for July 27 aboard her Sirena, from Copenhagen to Stockholm. Joining Claudine Pépin will be her husband Rollie Wesen, professor of culinary arts at Johnson & Wales University.

And the 2021 Jacques Pépin Cruise is planned for Aug. 29, 2021, aboard Marina, from Copenhagen to Stockholm. Pépin will be accompanied by his wife Gloria.

42 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

No one has mentioned that Mr. Del Rio said three NCL, one Oceania, and ONE Regent to start.  I imagine it will be Splendor in Caribbean starting 28 November (nine nights) or 7 December (seven nights).  

Marc

We booked the 11/28 cruise and already bet that’s the first one to sail. 
sheila

• Haha 1

Hello Bellaggio - this is off topic so I apologize.  I have been curious...

You and your husband were on Navigator NY - NY (as was I) 2 years.  In Murmansk, you had a great difficulty getting help to go up the gangplank with your scooter in the late afternoon.  After you boarded, port went dark - no police, no Russian port crew, gangplank was raised but Navigator did not depart as scheduled.  That evening, the captain announced we would not depart for Solvestsky - instead it would remain overnight in Murmansk and no one could get off (no taxi there anyways!).  Reason given was "weather related" but the sea was calm in late July and the next day was sunny and pleasant.

I am not faulting the decision but curious if you know the reason to eliminate Solovetsky?

4 hours ago, wristband said:

You and your husband were on Navigator NY - NY (as was I) 2 years.  In Murmansk, you had a great difficulty getting help to go up the gangplank with your scooter in the late afternoon.  After you boarded, port went dark - no police, no Russian port crew, gangplank was raised but Navigator did not depart as scheduled.  That evening, the captain announced we would not depart for Solvestsky - instead it would remain overnight in Murmansk and no one could get off (no taxi there anyways!).  Reason given was "weather related" but the sea was calm in late July and the next day was sunny and pleasant.

I am not faulting the decision but curious if you know the reason to eliminate Solovetsky?

Hi

Sorry we did not get to meet on that cruise. Yes, that was me trying to get help to get my scooter back onboard. 

I agree that we all questioned why we were unable to go to Slovetski Islands. All three were Russian ports. There were no storms, as suggested. It rained most of the day we were in Murmansk. We remained at dock all night. It was very strange. I think that Murmansk is still a very important Russian naval port. Then the next day we sailed for Archangel, skipping Slovetski Islands. The weather was beautiful on Archangel. 
I guess we will never know......

Sheila and Herb

4 hours ago, wristband said:

I too was on that cruise (just the middle sections). I was told that the there were problems with the local tour operators. Specifically the few Monks that ran the Monastery didn't want visitors.  As the Monastery is the main reason to go to Solovetsky, it was decided to cancel the stop. Apparently, ships going to  Solovetsky is in the category like Pitcarins Island and the Falkland,  often missed.

As to the overnight in Murmansk, some crew did get off. However passengers would have need a Russian visa to debark. Beside is was a very long drive back  to the city.

J