Travel Agent Final Payment Date

CCFC

I have a cruise booked which had a travel agent final payment date of 16 weeks before the cruise, the Cruise operator wants the money 13 weeks before sailing so a three week gap. They all seem to be taking money well before its due to the cruise line.

What happens if in between the travel agent getting the money and the cruise line getting the money the cruise is cancelled but the travel agent has held on to the money? Im guessing the 125% future cruise credit cant be applied by the cruise line as its not received all the money from the travel agent. Would that be a problem for the travel agent?

I would not be paying the final balance on any cruise due to take place by the end of August, and unless things change we have no intention of paying the final balance on our end Sept cruise.

In your situation I would be asking the TA to reduce that 3 week gap anyway, to no more than a couple of days prior to the cruise line needing payment.

• Like 3

I have already paid the final balance to the TA, the cruise was cancelled in-between the final payment to the TA and the cruise line deadline.

27 minutes ago, CCFC said:

I have already paid the final balance to the TA, the cruise was cancelled in-between the final payment to the TA and the cruise line deadline.

How did you pay the final balance. All TAs ask for payment in advance of the payment due to cruise company but some do ask for longer periods than others. If you paid by credit card check your statement to see who payment went to when you paid balance. I paid my final balance to my cruise TA by credit card and the payment went straight to Cunard so in effect they had the payment in advance of their actual requested payment date. If you have paid by credit card and it has gone straight through to cruise line then get in touch with them.

Visa debit card, I have emailed them asking for an invoice but not heard back yet. I suspect they sit on the money for longer than needed.

It went to the TA.

Edited by CCFC

1 hour ago, CCFC said:

Visa debit card, I have emailed them asking for an invoice but not heard back yet. I suspect they sit on the money for longer than needed.

It went to the TA.

Good luck getting any money back soon from your TA or P&O.

Ask your TA if they have paid P&O yet and if they haven't ask for your money back now.

If they have you will need to request refund or FCC.

9 hours ago, CCFC said:

If its a refund because they sat on the money surely the TA should have to pay the 25% FCC. Its all very confusing.

If it’s a refund you won’t be getting any FCC it’s one or the other isn’t it?

19 hours ago, CCFC said:

It went to the TA.

Check your bank statement to see where payment went whether to TA or P&O. I never pay by debit card always use credit card for security but when I pay my balance the TA always pays it straight into cruise lines account and not their own. Whoever it states received your money on your bank statement is where you should be contacting. You might have paid your TA but they might have directly put your payment through to cruise line which my TA does instead of their own account.

Edited by majortom10

The money went to the TA, they have replied and said the FCC will arrive eventually.

If they had sat on the money it would have been a refund from them.