Did Princess sign the CDC agreement

Loreni

I just read that crew on a different line we’re on a hunger strike until their CEO would sign an agreement with the CDC that would allow the crew to go home.  The agreement seemed reasonable.  Has Princess signed this. I understand Celebrity did.  It seems like it would be both the right thing to do a good PR too.  Why are the some lines reluctant to sign.  Liability?  I thought lawsuits against cruise lines were always doomed because they are foreign entities.

They have for several of their ships.  This link has the list of cruise ships who have received approval from the CDC to repatriate crew and staff.  Also shown are the nationalities of the folks who would disembark.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-ship/cruise-ship-member-disembarkations.html?fbclid=IwAR1zIHkkStvCmij5OXTa7Aly4mY9tSsVU_0ZH6Me7GkUTwHo2adIL5urwUU

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They have for several of their ships.  This link has the list of cruise ships who have received approval from the CDC to repatriate crew and staff.  Also shown are the nationalities of the folks who would disembark.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-ship/cruise-ship-member-disembarkations.html?fbclid=IwAR1zIHkkStvCmij5OXTa7Aly4mY9tSsVU_0ZH6Me7GkUTwHo2adIL5urwUU

the Emerald Princess is currently in PE/FLL waiting to leave as I type this - so, it's heading to Canada  -  which has locked down all ports ?  interesting ...

Emerald Princess Princess Cruises Carnival Corporation 5/6/2020 70 United States
Emerald Princess Princess Cruises Carnival Corporation 5/6/2020 54 Canada

22 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the Emerald Princess is currently in PE/FLL waiting to leave as I type this - so, it's heading to Canada  -  which has locked down all ports ?  interesting ...

Emerald Princess Princess Cruises Carnival Corporation 5/6/2020 70 United States
Emerald Princess Princess Cruises Carnival Corporation 5/6/2020 54 Canada

Did they disembark the 124 crew today in Port Everglades?  It looks like they are headed back to the Bahamas.  Pretty sure the intent of this is to control those crew who are disembarking in or traveling through the USA from a cruise ship.

After "drifting" in Mexican waters for many days the HAL Koningsdam including transferred non Asian Princess crew members docked in LA yesterday and disembarked some crew.   I am not privy to any nationalities other than American.  But that is such good news and yes, I read Princess and the CDC did come to some kind of agreement to allow that to happen.  Keep our wonderful Princess crew members in your thoughts.

• Like 1

A Carnival Glory and  Caribbean Princess ported in St Lucia yesterday and returned 219 nationals between them. Our returning nationals went straight into 14 quarantine.   Both ships are making stops in various islands to return the nationals they have aboard, some of whom have been transferred from other ships over the last weeks.  

8 others had been returned vis an NCL ship back on April 22 or so. They've since finished their quarantine and been released home. 

There's still about 2-300 or so aboard other ships right now, patiently (and  it so patiently) waiting to get home, eventually.

It's an unbelievable logistical nightmare trying to return crew to the numerous countries given the border closures, flight restrictions, etc.  Most of my friends and family who've been aboard (or still are aboard) completely understand the situation - but they're sick to death of being in limbo and want to come home - understandably.  And they all praise the various lines for doing what they've done so far for the crew - and would go back to work when things start up again...

• Like 7