Iona - October

ozzysdad

A couple of questions please, when will Iona' maiden voyage take place? I've been looking at a school holiday cruise at the end of October on board the new vessel, it is really well priced and I'd hope travel restrictions have been lifted before the sail date, I know it comes with risks attached but would be interested to hear others thoughts.

The date for Iona's Maiden is not yet known I am afraid. Whether there will be any cruises in October is not yet known either. I am due to sail with P&O in October to Spain and Italy and will be surprised if it goes ahead. As you know, the situation we are in holds many unknowns and only you can decide whether it is worth the risk. Personally, I would not be booking any cruise going anywhere in October at the moment.

Nobody has any idea when Iona will be finished and when she will sail but Paul Ludlow did say that those who had booked for the original Maiden cruise in May would be "looked after" whatever that means. So think when it will sail it will have a new programme and those booked Maiden will have priority over others.

13 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Nobody has any idea when Iona will be finished and when she will sail but Paul Ludlow did say that those who had booked for the original Maiden cruise in May would be "looked after" whatever that means. So think when it will sail it will have a new programme and those booked Maiden will have priority over others.

Isn't " looked after " a term used in the godfather?. We are booked on Iona for the end of August. That probably won't go. balance needs to be paid in 2 weeks. That won't happen. I filled in the online form to move the booking to next year

It said thanks, don't call us, we'll call you. At that point( about 4 weeks ago ) it was £80 more. Now it's £220. Thanks P&O, I feel well " looked after" Probably phone them next week. Last time I did the message was clear. Hang on if you want to but we probably won't be able to help you. Just have to wait.

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck

Id suggest that cruise companies are waiting on hearing the outcome to certain matters:

- How well current and June 1 lockdown easing affects reproduction rates of the virus.

- Whether the anti-body test is rolled out widely.

- Further movement on vaccines and understanding of immunity.