Is Ventura Sailing on June 1st

UncleZen

Schedule to go to guernsey, portugal & spain for 6 nights starting June 1, my first cruise.

Am I right in thinking that this is not going ahead?

I booked through a high street travel again, I cant say the name or the post will get pulled, (3 letters in name)

I havent heard a thing from the TA.

If I phone them, they say lines are busy and hang up.

The P&O site says all cruises up to an including Jul 31 are not sailing

9 minutes ago, UncleZen said:

Schedule to go to guernsey, portugal & spain for 6 nights starting June 1, my first cruise.

I booked through a high street travel again, I cant say the name or the post will get pulled, (3 letters in name)

You have answered your own question with your last sentence. If you do not inform your TA or P&O that you want a refund it will automatically be added to your account with P&O as a FCC.

26 minutes ago, UncleZen said:

I am surprised you have not had an email from P&O to tell you that your cruise is cancelled (because it certainly has been I’m afraid). I can only guess that as a first time cruiser who booked through an agent, they do not have email details for you and quite properly will have sent it to your agent to forward to you. As you cannot contact your agent, if you look on the P&O website, you will see Covid information at the top of the home page. Click on this and if you read the information, you will come to a link for those who do not want 125% future cruise credit. This link takes you to a pro forma you can use to claim a full refund if the 125% future cruise credit doesn’t interest you. Just don’t expect to receive your refund quickly because they are working on 60 days turnaround at the moment. 

I think the p&o site says, if youve booked through a TA you must contact the TA

Furthermore, the TA says they will contact you, but they are leaving it a bit late if they are.

Edited by UncleZen

10 minutes ago, UncleZen said:

Furthermore, the TA says they will contact you, but they are leaving it a bit late if they are.

That is correct, but when I contacted my well known TA they said that I need to contact P&O. Catch 22.

• Like 1

It seems that the general way forward is to touch base with PandO irrespective of the fact that you have booked via a travel agent.  

As has been said, unfortunately your cruise will not be going ahead.  Follow Pete14's advice.

1 hour ago, UncleZen said:

I believe P&O are dealing with refunds from all bookings because some agents are closed due to the virus and consequently unable to assist their clients. Follow the link provided regardless. 

Hope you managed to get a response from p&o if not I recommend setting aside a few hours and constantly ringing your ta as I have the same one and this is how I eventually got through