Enchanted Princess

Carol28

6 hours ago, pink845 said:

We are scheduled for Dec 7th, 2020 Enchanted cruise......And I will remain optimistic until my final payment date of Sept 8.  But will not pay my final money if things look bleak as I do not want to be left with a Future Cruise credit.  I prefer cash and I know that once I put down that final payment the chances of me getting a cash refund will be less than nil...... Even if cruising does resume by Dec 2020, I am leaning towards simply forgoing cruising until 2022.  Not worth the hassle.

Your last statement basically means that you're being cautious and you don't want to cruise until 2022.  You also don't want a FCC, so why are you even contemplating cruising in December when you're leaning towards waiting until 2022.  I will infer that you're part of the "I'm not cruising until there is a vaccine" group.  You can't have it both ways, it seems like you're excited about the cheap deposit and the upgrade you got, but at the same time part of you wishes to wait until 2022 to cruise again.  You have one foot on either side of the proverbial line in the sand.   

6 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

I think it is optimistic to think that Princess will sail at all this year.  They continue to cancel cruises and have made no real announcements on when the expect to really sail again.  Cannot imagine being on a cruise ship this fall with COVID-19 still active and also the start of the flu season.  What a mess that will be for the medical staff on board.

Princess continues to cancel cruises just like all of the other cruise lines are doing, usually on a month to month basis to try to keep as much money in house as they can and also to manage the refund process and FCC process at a somewhat manageable rate.

Carnival, which of course owns Princess has a tentative plan to cruise in August with 8 ships out of 3 ports (MIA, PC, FLL), even if this does get pushed back, there will be cruising this fall on all of the mainstream cruise lines IMHO.  This would be Carnival, Royal, NCL, Celebrity, Princess and MSC.  The country is slowly starting to open up and I don't think it's being too optimistic to think that cruising will not resume in 4-5 months. 

• Like 1

SNJCruiser, Yup, will watch the game. See how it pans out.  But will not compromise my health or that of my husband even for a balcony upgrade.    We have a lot of other cruises booked for 2021 and 2022 at good deals.  We have also cruised extensively far and wide over the last couple of years and are almost on cruise overload (Japan, Hawaii, Australia, Europe, Alaska, Asia, Caribbean) that we are happy to simply travel in Canada once our provincial borders open up hopefully by end of September (that is allowing people from one province to travel to another province), so if I have go give up Dec Enchanted, I will and  will remain in Canada.  We have lovely rocky mountains and Vancouver and Victoria are fabulous cities.  So happy to revisit those cities.    So we are perfectly happy to put cruising on hold until a vaccine comes out before we embark again.    And, we might decide to actually just stay put at home and do day trips, etc.  until we feel completely comfortable with any type of travel again.   My husband was actually asking me the other day where I wanted to go next, and I did not have an answer.  Again, vacation and cruise overload.

We are scheduled for Enchanted on Jan 2 2021.  Hopeful...

Our decision to go or not go will not be predicated upon a vaccine or cure, but do need:

- Canada to lift its no foreign travel advisory

- USA and Canada to lift mandatory 14 day quarantine upon travel

- Ports to open to receive cruise ships

- local tour operators to resume activity

- Cruise lines to not be forced to go crazy with distancing measures so that they squeeze the cruising experience dry by closing pools, hot tubs, cancelling shows, etc.  (we could live with wearing masks and having some distancing and monitored hand washing etc)

- reasonably low infection and spread rates of COVID by mid Fall (final payment date).

So still a lot of things must occur before we feel like it will be a solid go on this one.  But as I said, hopeful.

Don

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival, which of course owns Princess has a tentative plan to cruise in August with 8 ships out of 3 ports (MIA, PC, FLL), even if this does get pushed back, there will be cruising this fall on all of the mainstream cruise lines IMHO.  This would be Carnival, Royal, NCL, Celebrity, Princess and MSC.  The country is slowly starting to open up and I don't think it's being too optimistic to think that cruising will not resume in 4-5 months. 

Carnival Cruise Line does not own Princess.  Carnival Corp owns both.

The Carnival Cruise Line sailings in August are just cruises that have not been cancelled so far, not a promise to sail then.  If conditions exist that will permit a safe and healthy cruise, they will take place, but there is still a good chance they will get cancelled.

• Like 1