cruisin in Aug

Dewser

Out of curiosity, were there any changes identified for August cruises?  Do we expect pools to be open?  Lido buffet to be operational?  Gyms and standard activities still operating.

We are thinking about a cruise when sailing begins but not sure what cruising will look like.

Anyone wonder how ports which use tenders (e.g., Belize, Grand Cayman, Half Moon Cay, etc.) will be handled considering water shuttles are typically packed?  For instance,

Will tender boat passenger limits be lowered for social distancing?

Will face masks be mandatory if social distancing is not feasible?

Will additional water shuttles be used?

Will itineraries be altered to preclude tender ports?

Note: The above mentioned are purely speculative and there maybe other ideas as well.

12 hours ago, Dewser said:

im on the 23rd,hoping maybe some others were on the same one

I am on the Elation on Sept 19 out of Port Canaveral. Hope you port a review when you get back so we all know about the changes. So looking forward to Cruising again !!

Matt

• Like 1

Will the ports even allow pax to get off the ship?  Will tour buses, vans and groups be spaced by social distancing?  Will beach loungers be placed 6' apart?

I booked the Magic for mid November, btw.

Edited by evandbob

5 hours ago, SA - Cruiser said:

Anyone wonder how ports which use tenders (e.g., Belize, Grand Cayman, Half Moon Cay, etc.) will be handled considering water shuttles are typically packed?  For instance,

Will tender boat passenger limits be lowered for social distancing?

Will face masks be mandatory if social distancing is not feasible?

Will additional water shuttles be used?

Will itineraries be altered to preclude tender ports?

Note: The above mentioned are purely speculative and there maybe other ideas as well.

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

Will the ports even allow pax to get off the ship?  Will tour buses, vans and groups be spaced by social distancing?  Will beach loungers be placed 6' apart?

I booked the Magic for mid November, btw.

All excellent questions which I don't know if anyone has any answers to.  Well, I can tell you that Grand Cayman isn't allowing any ships until at least September 1, so the earliest cruises won't be going there.

I still say Carnival needs a lot to go right in a relatively short amount of time in order to get these sailings off by August 1.  But if they can, I will be curious about what happens.  Please share!

• Like 1