Mariner vs Freedom - Questions

Currently have 5 night Freedom Bermuda cruise booked for next summer.  

Currently have 4 night Mariner Perfect Day cruise booked for this summer.

Coming with our kids (12 and 16 next summer).  They don't use the kids clubs but enjoy the ships activities.

We've been on Mariner but we keep missing the amplified CoCo Cay.  (We have 2 other cruises with it, but who knows if we'll make those). 

Never been to Bermuda or on Freedom.

We will either cancel Mariner OR Lift & Sift to next summer and cancel Freedom.  Trying to decide what to do so have a few questions.

1. Are reservations now required for the Sky Pad on Mariner?  Last time there were not, so our kids could go on it many times.  If reservations, I suspect they will only go once or twice.
  2. Aside from the Sky Pad, I assume the ships are pretty similar?
  3. CoCo Cay is definitely kid-friendly.  What about Bermuda?  We're not super adventurous and like to keep things simple. (i.e. if something is far away or we need 3 buses to get there, it's not for us)
  4. Thoughts? Keep Freedom or switch to Mariner?  We have a nicer room on Mariner (sp balcony vs sp ocean view) for much cheaper cost.

Edited by LuCruise

23 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Personally, I'd go for the Mariner. Haven't been to Bermuda for years, but the Mariner is super kid friendly, as you know, and Perfect Day at Cocoa Cay speaks for itself.

Thanks.  I think if Mariner was 5 days, it would be an easier decision, but CoCo Cay is a factor. I also like that you walk off the ship and you are at your destination.

My daughter also really likes the Sky Pad and she voted Mariner for that reason.  But if she'll only get 1 time on it, then not worth ship selection.

The ships are basically identical except for an extra 90 feet they added to the middle of the ship that allowed for things like Sorrento's and more shops as well as more pool deck area and a lot more people because of all the extra cabins.

As far as reservations at the sky pad that could all change once sailing resumes...no way to tell

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The ships are basically identical except for an extra 90 feet they added to the middle of the ship that allowed for things like Sorrento's and more shops as well as more pool deck area and a lot more people because of all the extra cabins.

As far as reservations at the sky pad that could all change once sailing resumes...no way to tell

30 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

We were on Mariner in January, I didn't see anything about reservations for the sky pad and it always seemed to have a pretty big line. 

Thanks.  When DH and I were on Independence a year ago Dec, we had to book a session in the cruise planner, so I wasn't sure if Mariner had done the same since we were on it two years ago.

Good point though...with this covid stuff, they may change it to reservations only to control the crowds.