Sky Suite Question

MickeyG

With a drinks package, you can get an included drink anywhere. The biggest advantage of Michael's Club (The Retreat on some chips) is the service. It is rarely crowded, and the bartenders and waiters will make an effort to get to know you and what you like to drink. If a certain brand os whatever is available anywhere on the ship, they will make an effort to have it availble for you. This can be a relaxing spot when the other bars are jammed such as the pre-dinner hour. Most evenings have some canapés available to go with your drinks. And there are sometimes special events, such as entertainment by one of the ship's entertainers or a chance to meet the officers. All is all, we think that Michael's Club is one of the better suite features. And, for those few suite guests who booked without a drinks package, drinks here are always free.

18 hours ago, chemmo said:

Bulgari small bottles replaced by large Bigelow bottles of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel. We couldn’t tell the difference between the shower gel and shampoo neither lathered well. Conditioner was OK...

As the bottles are reusable I cleaned mine (along with the remote and door handles) before using. As they are also free standing you need hold the (quite large) bottles while you press them...not easy with slippery hands!

Next cruise I will use the shower gel and conditioner but take my own shampoo...

Thanks for the additional info.  I'm not at all keen on those large refillable bottles, used by all.  I wonder if they are ever fully emptied or just continuously topped up?  The stuff at the bottom could have been there for ages.

3 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks for the additional info.  I'm not at all keen on those large refillable bottles, used by all.  I wonder if they are ever fully emptied or just continuously topped up?  The stuff at the bottom could have been there for ages.

My guess would be continually topped up. I am all for saving the world from plastic but the hygiene side did bother me...I also missed the Bulgari smell! 

27 minutes ago, chemmo said:

My guess would be continually topped up. I am all for saving the world from plastic but the hygiene side did bother me...I also missed the Bulgari smell! 

That's what I think too, a bit yukky don't you think.  I also agree, saving the world from plastic is incredibly important, but I loved the Bulgari products on Oceania.  You get them no matter which category cabin you're in.  I was really hoping for them in a Sky Suite on Celebrity.

Is Michaels Club/ retreat open in the am  ?

When it was the Elite lounge ( yrs ago) , they had a light breakfast spread and great bloody Marys, bellinis &  special coffees etc in the am.  Would be nice to have that again..assuming our Connie cruise works out next year.  If not,  the Elite breakfast would stil be an option for light  breakfast and coffee.

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

When it was the Elite lounge ( yrs ago) , they had a light breakfast spread and great bloody Marys, bellinis &  special coffees etc in the am.  Would be nice to have that again..assuming our Connie cruise works out next year.  If not,  the Elite breakfast would stil be an option for light  breakfast and coffee.

It is. 

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

It is open from early morning, they have a selection of pastries and a few bagels with cream cheese etc. Not as much choice as at the Elite breakfast but ideal if you just want to sit in a comfortable chair with nice coffee. First time we went in the morning and I asked for a Bellini I was given a good measure of peach schnapps with my champagne rather than the usual peach juice, it certainly woke me up! If you want any particular drink they don’t normally have they will get it for you.

Don’t forget Michael’s/Retreat do a very nice afternoon tea selection too at about 4pm. If like us this is your ‘down time’ in the cabin you can request your butler to bring a selection to your suite. We requested a kettle in our suite to make our own afternoon tea and we really enjoyed a good cuppa, a few tiny sandwiches and a miniature cake just before starting to get sorted for the evening (sometimes our nationality is evident!). Only problem doing this is that butler’s have difficulty understanding ‘small selection’....

On M class I would probably prefer Michael’s/Retreat to the Elite breakfast but on S class we enjoy watching the view in Tuscan, just such a relaxing start to the day!

Yes, on the S class ships there is no view whatsoever from Michael’s Club.   It also can get very crowded on the S ships with the added suites.   At least with the drink package you can have a drink anywhere and choose an area with a view.   Hope this will change when they “Revolutionize” the ships but if they keep the same location the windows are blocked by lifeboats.