Sky Suite Question

MickeyG

Greetings!

Next summer will be our first time staying in a suite on the Celebrity Eclipse. 

We understand that dining will take place in the Luminae dining room. Are we required to eat all meals in the Luminae or do we also have the option of having breakfast and lunch in the main dining room? We always enjoyed the main dining room on our past cruises, so this will be something different for us. Any thoughts on the Luminae are greatly appreciated. 

Also, are all bars/lounges open to suite guests. Or do suite guests have their own private lounges?

Many thanks....Mick

5 minutes ago, MickeyG said:

Greetings!

We understand that dining will take place in the Luminae dining room. Are we required to eat all meals in the Luminae or do we also have the option of having breakfast and lunch in the main dining room? We always enjoyed the main dining room on our past cruises, so this will be something different for us. Any thoughts on the Luminae are greatly appreciated. 

Also, are all bars/lounges open to suite guests. Or do suite guests have their own private lounges?

Many thanks....Mick

You can eat in the main dining room if you'd like.  You will have to go in area that is non assigned seating; however, Luminae is far superior to the main dining room in my opinion.  The food is better and the service is a notch above.  If you want a meal from the main dining room, they can arrange that without a problem.  All bars and lounges are open to suite guest but you also have access to Michael's the retreat, depending on the ship and if it's be updated at the time of sailing.  We use all the different bars as the entertainment for the suite lounge is limited.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mick.

Luminae is the designated dining room for suite guests. It is very nice, in fact many suite guests have said they think it is better than the Specialty restaurants. The staff are wonderful, and will do their best to make sure you are happy, all you have to do is ask. I am not sure about eating breakfast in the MDR, but if you’re not happy with Luminae, tell the Maitre D' and they will take care of you.

Michael's Club is the designated lounge for suite guests. It is nice and comfortable. We were just on Eclipse this past October and it had not yet been “transformed” (renovated) into the Retreat. You can still go to any other bar on the ship if you like. The Martini Bar is very popular, don’t miss their “show”. I hope you enjoy the Eclipse. 

• Like 3

Luminae is excellent and is open for breakfast and dinner every day.  For lunch it is open on sea days but not port day.

You are not required to eat in Luminae and for breakfast you can go to the MDR, Luminae, or Blu (the restaurant for Aqua Class guests.

As @begood2me said on the Eclipse the kitchens for Luminae and the MDR are in the same area so you can dine in Luminae and select your meal from either the Luminae or MDR menu.  Should you want to eat in the MDR ask the MaitreD  in Luminae to arrange that for you.

The Eclipse, although not yet revolutionized is a beautiful ship.  Michaels Club;The Retreat is the dedicated lounge for Suite guests and is open from early morning to late in the evening.  In addition to cocktails you can pick up cans of soda, bottled water.  Afternoon tea & goodies are served in the afternoon, coffee is available all day and there is a Conceigre in MC to assist you as needed.  Of course you are welcome to visit any of the other bars/lounges on the ship.

I think you will find breakfast in Luminae to be much nicer than in the MDR! Wonderful service and pretty much  anything you want as a usual breakfast food. Neither Luminae nor the MDR are open for lunch on port days, so you will have lunch in some other venue. You can order from the MDR menu (when it is open) in Luminae if you wish. 

• Like 1

Breakfast is my favorite meal in the Luminae.  If you want things that are not on the menu like a bowl of berries, a single pancake with peanut butter and jelly, a plate of smoked salmon with poached eggs on top or anything else, just ask.  You can mix and match anything on the menu.  The same thing goes for lunch.  You can order items that are not on the dinner menu by requesting them the day before.  If you don't like the main courses offered but like the appetizers, just order a main course sized portion.  The staff in the Luminae is outstanding and will make every effort to accommodate your likes and wishes.

• Like 1

We stayed in a suite on the Edge in February.  We sailed with friends who did not stay in suites. They had lots of OBC so they were willing to pay to eat in Luminae. We found that we did not like Luminae any better than the MDR, and only ate in Luminae 1 night. The service was slow and not particularly attentive. The food was not especially hot when it arrived at the table. The courses were not served to all the people at the table at the same time. The flavor and variety of the food was no better than the MDR. We decided that we would never book a suite just to obtain access to Luminae.

That's just our opinion. I know that others have better experiences.

27 minutes ago, Tudy said:

We stayed in a suite on the Edge in February.  We sailed with friends who did not stay in suites. They had lots of OBC so they were willing to pay to eat in Luminae. We found that we did not like Luminae any better than the MDR, and only ate in Luminae 1 night. The service was slow and not particularly attentive. The food was not especially hot when it arrived at the table. The courses were not served to all the people at the table at the same time. The flavor and variety of the food was no better than the MDR. We decided that we would never book a suite just to obtain access to Luminae.

We were on Millie when we were in Luminae and that definitely was NOT our experience.  We found the dining to be top notch and on par with specialty dining.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tudy said:

That's just our opinion. I know that others have better experiences. The MDR is just not the same as Luminae.

I do enjoy eating in Luminae, just not on the Edge. All other Celebrity ship Luminae is great.

IMG_20160913_180641662.jpg

IMG_20180321_044758644.jpg

IMG_20160907_130619524.jpg

IMG_20160909_230244501.jpg

IMG_20180325_195438547.jpg

IMG_20180326_124608361.jpg

IMG_20160905_191105061.jpg

IMG_20160905_191700044.jpg

IMG_20180326_193743845.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, Tudy said:

We love Luminae but sort of understand some of these comments.  On a Reflection cruise we got to know two other couples in suites at Micheal's club and decided it would be fun for the six of us to sit together for dinner that night instead of visiting across the aisles.   This caused more confusion that we expected because each couple usually sat at a two top table.  One couple had a different waiter.  We had to be moved to a six top that they created at the last minute after we arrived .  The service was not bad, just not as good as usual, as a group we decided not to surprise them again.  One of the things I liked about Luminae is that the service seemed more based on your one table as far as delivery of courses.  When you eat with others who eat faster or slower or who order additional courses this is often an impact on service for a bigger group.  This is a turn off in the MDR when even when seated at a two top, the waiter wants to serve the whole row of tables at the same time leaving you waiting on the slowest person. If I were you, I would definitely give them another chance to shine.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
spelling
  • Like 2

Totally agree with others Luminae is great you will not want to visit mdr. On most ships you can even order off mdr menu in Luminae. Service is so much better than mdr or the other specialty restaurants. Suite lounge is also so relaxing it is rarely crowded with great service also. 

On 5/29/2020 at 4:29 PM, MickeyG said:

Greetings!

Many thanks....Mick

Mick my husband and I sailed for 16 blissful nights on The Solstice in OUR first Sky Suite Experience last year.

our server told us we could have dinner from any menu, MDR, Blu, served IN Luminae.  He pointed out to me that all 3 menus for lunch and dinner were in Michaels Club.  Well, lo and behold, they are.  I would decide which menu I would order off before we entered into Luminae

LOL.

22 hours ago, George C said:

Blu is not always available need to check . 

There's not always table availability for suites guests in Blu, but you can request to see the Blu menu and be served from it in Luminae. I once asked to see the MDR menu and the Blu one in Luminae and they brought me all three every night after that! 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, MickeyG said:

Greetings!

Many thanks....Mick

In addition to the information given to you by others remember you can also enjoy room service in a suite served course by course by your butler (off the MDR menu). This can be a great option after a busy port day. 

We also thoroughly enjoy the speciality restaurants, if you have not experienced them before give it a go! Murano’s is our favourite for service and food but we love the views from Tuscan and LPC is a novelty...

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

You will love your suite!  Dining for breakfast and lunch (when available) is ok in MDR or buffet.  For dinner, Luminae will also allow you to order from the MDR menu if you prefer- just ask.  

We also enjoy dining in the specialty restaurants at least once per cruise, except Sushi on Five as we do not like seafood.  But Murano's, Tuscan and Le Petite Chef worth a visit!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, Tudy said:

We stayed in a suite on the Edge in February.  We sailed with friends who did not stay in suites. They had lots of OBC so they were willing to pay to eat in Luminae. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I didn’t think non-suite guests can pay to eat in Luminae, rather the suite guest pays for their invited non-suite guests.

If I am not mistaken you will be assigned to a specific place where you will have your breakfast and dine. At the same time I doubt that they will kick you out if you come somewhere else to eat and show them either your ticket or your cash. In any case, I would clarify this question a few weeks before loading. It wont be a good thing to walk far from cabin to have breakfast