Classic Fleet Itinerary Release / Extension (2022)

Stumblefoot

Currently, the Classic fleet's schedule ends with the following voyages:

• Muse; Sep 12, 2021
  • Shadow; Sep 20, 2021
  • Moon; Nov 1, 2021

• Whisper; Nov 11, 2021

• Dawn; Nov 19, 2021

• Spirit; Dec 9, 2021

Silversea plans to extend the schedule into 2022 with a 2-week pre-sale offering to Venetian Society members on Wed., Jun 3.

KEY HIGHLIGHTS

Australia / New Zealand

• Silver Shadow will join Silver Muse
    • The Shadow will sail a 15-day itinerary typically reserved for the Expedition fleet; the islands of Melanesia
      • Sydney
      • Noumea
      • Pine Island
      • Maré Island
      • Port Vila
      • Lenakel, Tanna Island
      • Lautoka
      • Savusavu
      • Dravuni Island
      • Auckland

Australia-Shadow(SYD-AKL_viaMelanesia.JPG.94abe4e4b2921bdecc8994ca92dc1b36.JPG

• The Muse will sail the traditional 15-day Sydney - Auckland (and reverse) itineraries while its repositioning voyage to Asia will last 18-days and hit key capital cities
    • Sydney
    • Melbourne
    • Adelaide
    • Port Lincoln
    • Albany
    • Busselton
    • Fremantle (Perth)
    • Bali
    • Lembar Lombok
    • Singapore

Australia-Muse(SYD-SIN_viaPerth).JPG.10fff0087398bbdc24e450547cd0df76.JPG

Asia

• Silver Muse and Silver Moon will be the primary ships, while the Shadow will have two itineraries in the region
    • As the Shadow begins her move north, she'll have a 16-day itinerary visiting the islands of Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
      • Cairns
      • Alotau
      • Madang
      • Wewak
      • Jayapura
      • Makassar, Indonesia (maiden call for SS)
      • Komodo Island
      • Bali
      • Singapore

18055266_Australia-Shadow(CNS-SIN_viaIndonesiaPapauNewGuinnea).JPG.b61e1cdc199b6c2bc63b124161ecbda7.JPG

Middle East

• Silver Shadow and Silver Moon will have the two most unique itineraries in the region
    • The Shadow will set sail on a 14-day itinerary with a lot of sea days from Aqaba, Jordan so that guests can visit the famous archaeological site; Petra
      • Aqaba
      • Safaga (gateway to Luxor and Egyptian pyramids)
      • Muscat
      • Khasab
      • Mumbai

MiddleEast-Shadow(AQJ-BOM).JPG.36e27ffc5fbf539235540e7ac94ba4a8.JPG

• The Moon will have a short and port intensive 9-day voyage from Dubai to Mumbai
    • Dubai
    • Abu Dhabi
    • Doha
    • Al Manamah, Bahrain (maiden call for SS)
    • Khasab
    • Mumbai

MiddleEast-Moon(DXB-BOM).JPG.d09a187564c30338a39e1866dcde7b00.JPG

South America

• Silver Dawn will be the only classic fleet ship plying the waters and will host a longer than normal Grand Voyage of 74-nights
    • The Dawn will spend an entire week in the Amazon river traveling all the way up river to Manaus, Brazil where the “Meeting of the Waters” takes place when the dark Negro River converges with the brown, muddy Solimões River
      • 22 Countries
      • 45 Ports
      • 6 Overnight Stays

SouthAmerica(GrandVoyage)-Dawn.thumb.JPG.2c47c5397e3a47825d4d49d0242ccda0.JPG

Eight Maiden Calls

• Al Manamah, Bahrain
  • Miyako, Japan
  • Makassar, Indonesia
  • Phillip Island, Australia
  • Kingstown, St. Vincent
  • Geelong, Australia
  • Vigan - Salomague Port, Philippines
  • Puerto Bolivar, Ecuador

Here's looking forward to Wednesday!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hmmm ... lot of very long flights involved there.

I know it's 2022 but when/if international flights get going again this year or next, they are bound to be even less pleasant than they were with reduced schedules, longer queues, much less onboard service, fewer wide bodies (with fewer lie flat seats) etc.

I wonder if any of this will improve by 2022?

I'm too old to be willing to sit up in an uncomfortable seat for 10 or more hours at a time - if the itineraries are focused on the other side of the world, it's going to take me days and days with stopovers to get there! (Not keen on grand voyages, 21 days-ish is my favored cruise length)

PS Stumbles - 'most unique' - really!

PPS But thanks for posting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Hmmm ... lot of very long flights involved there.

Well, to get to the other side of the world, you have long flights.   That's not a change.

7 hours ago, jollyjones said:

I know it's 2022 but when/if international flights get going again this year or next, they are bound to be even less pleasant than they were with reduced schedules, longer queues, much less onboard service, fewer wide bodies (with fewer lie flat seats) etc.

Though schedules may be reduced, for many destinations there were already only one or two flights a day per airline.   So there may be fewer choices of airlines but you will still get there.

Not sure why queues would be longer.  And I seriously doubt the "fewer wide bodies" comment.  There really aren't single aisle alternatives for international travel aside from some 757 and 321 routes across the Atlantic serving "thin markets".  When you hear about airlines retiring fleets, it's just that there are more economical alternatives to old 767, 777 and 380 airframes.  As for the fewer lie-flats, that's bunk.  Many of the aircraft being retired have flat, but slantboard style, seats, along with not being all-aisle-access layouts.  Premium cabins drive the yield for many flights, so you won't see a retreat from their highest revenue passengers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

The Muse will sail the traditional 15-day Sydney - Auckland (and reverse) itineraries while its repositioning voyage to Asia will last 18-days and hit key capital cities

• Sydney
  • Melbourne
  • Adelaide
  • Port Lincoln
  • Albany
  • Busselton
  • Fremantle (Perth)
  • Bali
  • Lembar Lombok
  • Singapore

Maybe we can join mid-voyage? It might save us a flight! 😉

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I do find that itinerary intriguing.  While we’ve spent time in the first three capitals, I’ve always wanted to see Perth.  So, being able to sail west and then north to Bali with a finish in one of my most favorite cities, Singapore, would be a delight.  It would be a welcome diversion from the dead of winter, that’s for sure.

6 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

The Muse on the Hudson would make a fine sight 🙂  

Boy, could you imagine?  That would be really something if it could sail all the way to Albany.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jpalbny said:

JP, it's probably a bit different from the Albany you are used to but it's well worth the flight! The town has some lovely colonial architecture, nearby are beautiful white sand beaches and behind the town is a picturesque quality wine region to visit. What more could anyone want?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I do find that itinerary intriguing.  While we’ve spent time in the first three capitals, I’ve always wanted to see Perth.  So, being able to sail west and then north to Bali with a finish in one of my most favorite cities, Singapore, would be a delight.  It would be a welcome diversion from the dead of winter, that’s for sure.

Boy, could you imagine?  That would be really something if it could sail all the way to Albany.

In 2014, we had an overnight in Freemantle.  Went to see the prison the first day and had an excellent tour guide.  Freemantle is very nice and easily walkable city.  Next day, we took the train to Perth, walked around the city and then a cruise down the Swan River back down to Freemantle.  Some unbelievably expansive and expensive homes on the river.  On this trip, we also stopped at Kangaroo Island, Bunbury, Geraldton, and Exmouth in addition to Adelaide, Melbourne and Geelong.  Exmouth was fascinating as we saw Emus in front yards and huge termite mounds.  All in all, a fun and fascinating trip.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WesW said:

thanks 4 posting Les--u booking anything?

im trying to sort out something to replace my cancelled Wind Thames / Norway cruise without too much joy so far.

Nothing in that offering takes my fancy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, les37b said:

im trying to sort out something to replace my cancelled Wind Thames / Norway cruise without too much joy so far.

Nothing in that offering takes my fancy.

Always difficult to replace a Thames Tower Bridge sail out,in or both!

Hope you manage to find something suitable.

Pricing is out and the per diem on every voyage we have under consideration is down in price vs. 2021.

• Japan, -17%
  • Australia / New Zealand, -24%
  • Australia / Singapore, -15%
  • Singapore / India, -8%
  • Panama Canal, -15%
  • Amazon River, -11%
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Pricing is out and the per diem on every voyage we have under consideration is down in price vs. 2021.

• Japan, -17%
  • Singapore / India, -8%
  • Panama Canal, -15%
  • Amazon River, -11%

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it is the same when looking in Australian dollars from here. I'm very attracted to the Dawn 75 day circumnavigation of South America which includes the Amazon with per diems from circa AUD1000 per suite.

21 hours ago, brimary said:

Always difficult to replace a Thames Tower Bridge sail out,in or both!

Hope you manage to find something suitable.

I think the criteria (ie the last sailing up the Thames as a classic, the 2 years my money has been in their bank account and the since then standard hike in prices) has been lost on them unfortunately. I've gone back with a further request on a Norway sailing which was declined initially, but have offered to pay the difference between the price when cancelled and the price the replacement stands at. I don't think that's unreasonable - and there is an ace up my sleeve which I might produce to persuade. I wanted however to leave that for my Moon sailing I'm expecting to fall as well.

5 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

• Japan, -17%
  • Singapore / India, -8%
  • Panama Canal, -15%
  • Amazon River, -11%

UK prices seem relatively stable, though I hadn't kept a real record. Just know the price of one I had looked at is constant. As per above.... if all else fails, I am looking at the Muse New Zealand in January, which on reflection is a decent price.

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

From the itineraries that Les posted there do not seem to be any Venetian Society sailings. Or am I missing something? 

I must admit not looking that far into the document - but it is now live on silversea.com and I was pleasantly surprised at each one that I looked at more closely were all venetian sailings, so good news. My problem is exasperated if my November one does go, that I end up with nowhere to redate to. As it stood we had pushed the boat out for dates, but it looks like this is making things worse. Fingers crossed something shifts on the medical front enables sailings. Like you, I'm none too optimistic. 

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

From the itineraries that Les posted there do not seem to be any Venetian Society sailings. Or am I missing something? 

I'm seeing about 40% of the new sailings as Venetian sailings.  There appear to be less, but still a few, on Origin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tothesunset said:

Picked up 3 potentially interesting itineraries, all venetian.

It's just very hard to know whether planning even 2 years ahead is wise. 

I'm happy with the planning but not so happy with the paying!

• Haha 1

Just now, turtlemichael said:

I'm seeing about 40% of the new sailings as Venetian sailings.  There appear to be less, but still a few, on Origin.

Yes, going on the website on a PC rather than a phone shows the venetian voyages. 

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

• Japan, -17%
  • Singapore / India, -8%
  • Panama Canal, -15%
  • Amazon River, -11%

There's got to be a catch.  Every time I question a price reduction on something I've already booked they find a reason I don't qualify.