TIP: Lift & Shift new booking confirmation doesn't explicitly list your 4 perks

mk-ultra

Recently pushed out a November 2020 cruise to a December 2021 cruise.

You'll notice a difference in the confirmation invoice you get emailed.  In previous invoices you'd see these perks charged and then negated under codes like:

YVY6-INTERNETCHG
YVY7-INTERNETSAV
YWJ6-PROMO2P 9N
YWJ7-BEVPRINGRAT9
YZC6-GRAT DLX 9N

They'd literally charge you for 199.00 for internet, then credit you -199.00 for the perk to zero the cost out, etc.

That doesn't happen with a lift and shift.  The invoices are a bit wonky, but I called in and confirmed that ALL of my perks had carried over and showed up on my shifted reservation.  They just aren't called out in the same detail on the invoice for a shift.

All good.

Edited by mk-ultra

It often in normal times takes a bit of time for perks to show on your invoice.  I always take a confirmation copy from my TA which shows perks and any OBCR with me to sort out any issues on board.

Today we all need to give Celebrity a bit of time to sort things on cruises that are many months in the future.

8 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

It often in normal times takes a bit of time for perks to show on your invoice.  I always take a confirmation copy from my TA which shows perks and any OBCR with me to sort out any issues on board.

Today we all need to give Celebrity a bit of time to sort things on cruises that are many months in the future.

I'm super happy with how my L&S went.  Switched from Edge to Apex, kept the exact same cabin across ships, saved a substantial chunk of money.  They have to do a lot of work on the back end (took about 55 minutes), but they did a great job.  The invoicing was the only confusing part that made me want to check to see how perks had carried over.  CSR said they're a lot better about explaining this up-front during the process now.

Edited by mk-ultra

IME the initial confirmation isn’t very detailed but then a few days later we get another confirmation that has the perks added and then credited.  We have never had a problem with the perks associated with our booking not being in place when we board.

11 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Recently pushed out a November 2020 cruise to a December 2021 cruise.

You'll notice a difference in the confirmation invoice you get emailed.  In previous invoices you'd see these perks charged and then negated under codes like:

YVY6-INTERNETCHG
YVY7-INTERNETSAV
YWJ6-PROMO2P 9N
YWJ7-BEVPRINGRAT9
YZC6-GRAT DLX 9N

They'd literally charge you for 199.00 for internet, then credit you -199.00 for the perk to zero the cost out, etc.

That doesn't happen with a lift and shift.  The invoices are a bit wonky, but I called in and confirmed that ALL of my perks had carried over and showed up on my shifted reservation.  They just aren't called out in the same detail on the invoice for a shift.

All good.

On my reservation, it is written on the last line in IMPORTANT INFORMATION

image.jpeg

Edited by saphir

We did a lift and shift for our August 28th Solstice Alaska cruise to 2021. Booking was with Celebrity directly.

Our new invoice had the line items of perks with the "promo" subtracting each said item. Also had the Captains Club additional onboard credit promo shift with the reservation, YAY!

As long as your reservation is up to date with promotions in place, it's all good!

Here's to sailing next year 🙂