Lift and shift.

Basically you need to lift and shift from the exact same category to the exact same category.

The ports have to match and it seems they are getting pickier. I was rejected from majesty to a new ship and only one port was different so I think they are getting pickier. 

The new date has to be a year later plus or minus 4 weeks.

I was told majesty can only lift and shift to majesty, not another ship. I had previously read a post where someone else had been allowed, which is why I'm saying they are getting pickier.

Edited by firefly333

I really think it depends on who you speak to on the phone.  Some agents know better and are more willing to work with you.  Firefly is right about same cabin category on the change.  However, when we did our L&S, it was a different class of ship (Explorer to Odyssey) and different ports.  Big thing also is HAS to be same number of nights and same region on the itinerary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBSteelerfan said:

I really think it depends on who you speak to on the phone.  Some agents know better and are more willing to work with you.  Firefly is right about same cabin category on the change.  However, when we did our L&S, it was a different class of ship (Explorer to Odyssey) and different ports.  Big thing also is HAS to be same number of nights and same region on the itinerary. 

My travel agent said they now have a list of allowed lift and shifts and my majesty lift and shift was not on the allowed list. The port change was minor, like belize for roatan, other 2 ports the same. 

Havent given up, just trying to do it from a different ship. If they say the list says majesty can only lift and shift to majesty and it's now on a written list, calling again most likely wouldnt help. 

Crossing my fingers. It also seems to take a long time lol. 

I'm willing to take the word of my travel agent it isnt allowed. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My travel agent said they now have a list of allowed lift and shifts and my majesty lift and shift was not on the allowed list. The port change was minor, like belize for roatan, other 2 ports the same. 

Havent given up, just trying to do it from a different ship. If they say the list says majesty can only lift and shift to majesty and it's now on a written list, calling again most likely wouldnt help. 

Good luck!  Hope they are able to work it out for you! 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Suspended_Sailings_FAQs_519

That is directly from Royal.  Number 33 is your reference point in your situation.  Hope it might help!

4 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Suspended_Sailings_FAQs_519

That is directly from Royal.  Number 33 is your reference point in your situation.  Hope it might help!

Idk it might have something to do with that particular ship. I really dont know, but I'm sure my agent is excellent. But thanks. Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

they say the list says majesty can only lift and shift to majesty and it's now on a written list,

They are saying in the Majesty's case that they are limiting it to departures from New Orleans to departures from New Orleans meaning you can't switch from New Orleans to a Florida or Texas departure port.  variations in ports of call is fine

I'm booked direct, and the guy I got was like oh I don't know if we have something that you can switch too, I'm like Ovation Aug 27 (lifting Ovation Sep 4)...and then he's like, oh yes, you can do that 🤦‍♀️ Definitely do your research before you call so you can tell them exactly what you want. I wanted one of the rooms moved closer to the other, but this guy didn't seem very on par with how to do things, so I didn't push the matter...I have over a year to change it 😜

A lot depends on who you talk to.  Just yesterday I was able to shift a Western Carib Rhapsody to Eastern Carib Symphony. 

I have not completed 9 lift and shifts.  Not all TA's are up on the program.  Both TA's and Royal Reps are working from lists that are not always correct.  It is important to read the FAQ's.  I was told by one CSR that my Rhapsody Eastern Carib could only be moved to Rhapsody in Europe....not true.  I had her recheck and was able to move 2 of my Rhapsody W. Carib to Symphony E&W B2B.  

If you know you have something that should work sometime you need to call again to speak to someone different.

The same number of days is quite firm.

So maybe you can help me make sense of what I was told. I have a bit of an unusual situation. I had reserved this cruise (Empress Snowbird out of Montreal Oct. 16, 2020) with a "Book now, Pay later" promotion - a $24.99 fee. I got an email saying that if I paid the full deposit by June 13th, I would be eligible for the 125% FCC. After alot of time on hold, they agreed that I could still make the deposit, but would not be able to do the Lift and Shift since "this cruise has already been cancelled". I did the $450 deposit because I know we'll cruise with Royal before 12/31/21, but I'd Really like to be able to L&S this one to next year's Snowbird. 

So... Is there anything in the wording that says you can't L&S after the cruise was cancelled? Is there a hard deadline for being able to L&S? June 17th?  Since my deposit was paid post cancellation, do you think that they will not allow me to Lift and Shift?

I must say that this has made me regret using an online TA. I usually make reservations directly with the cruise line. Sometimes it's just easier to cut out the middleman. Any insight/help/opinions are appreciated. 

I've read of others who couldnt lift and shift a already canc cruise. What your TA said sounds like he didnt know himself, just wanted you to pay more.

Idk what in writing or not though, just thought there was a problem if you didnt lift and shift before the cruise got canc

50 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

So maybe you can help me make sense of what I was told. I have a bit of an unusual situation. I had reserved this cruise (Empress Snowbird out of Montreal Oct. 16, 2020) with a "Book now, Pay later" promotion - a $24.99 fee. I got an email saying that if I paid the full deposit by June 13th, I would be eligible for the 125% FCC. After alot of time on hold, they agreed that I could still make the deposit, but would not be able to do the Lift and Shift since "this cruise has already been cancelled". I did the $450 deposit because I know we'll cruise with Royal before 12/31/21, but I'd Really like to be able to L&S this one to next year's Snowbird. 

So... Is there anything in the wording that says you can't L&S after the cruise was cancelled? Is there a hard deadline for being able to L&S? June 17th?  Since my deposit was paid post cancellation, do you think that they will not allow me to Lift and Shift?

I must say that this has made me regret using an online TA. I usually make reservations directly with the cruise line. Sometimes it's just easier to cut out the middleman. Any insight/help/opinions are appreciated. 

Yes this cruise can be lifted and shifted. You have until June 17th for this option.  Provided there is a comparable sailing to shift to.  Same itinerary type, same length, 48 to 56 weeks in the future and same cabin category.

3995C613-F714-4984-9BEC-40CD6C6C13C3.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've read of others who couldnt lift and shift a already canc cruise. What your TA said sounds like he didnt know himself, just wanted you to pay more.

Idk what in writing or not though, just thought there was a problem if you didnt lift and shift before the cruise got canc

It has only been the last 2 rounds of cancellations that have been able to lift and shift as the lift and shift option was not available on prior  rounds of cancellations. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes this cruise can be lifted and shifted. You have until June 27th for this option.  

Looks like it says June 17th. Will need to find someone at this TA who knows what they're doing to help me make this happen. Thank you for your insight. Ann