I think my cruise agent has bailed

adonisr

On 6/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, adonisr said:

I think the firm closed up shop.  No answer of calls.  Website is now defunct.  Emails result in a "delivery incomplete" message.

I think they folded.

Calling CCL today to get it swapped to direct with them.

Unfortunately with so many businesses working on razor thin margins, this will be common.  Make sure you are persistent with them to speak to a Supervisor. This is not the first thread I have seen on this.  Good luck.  Please come back and let us know how you resolved it.  TY!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LuckyStar said:

Unfortunately with so many businesses working on razor thin margins, this will be common.  Make sure you are persistent with them to speak to a Supervisor. This is not the first thread I have seen on this.  Good luck.  Please come back and let us know how you resolved it.  TY!

CCL took the reservation. All good for the moment.  Yet to be seen if the sailing actually happens.

1 hour ago, adonisr said:

CCL took the reservation. All good for the moment.  Yet to be seen if the sailing actually happens.

Good to hear; now if the cruise actually goes, have a great time. And also report back on how it went and what restrictions there were, and how they were enforced.

I am so sorry many of you have had issues with TAs!  I was a part-time for a couple years with a smaller regional agency and I'm astounded that some have just closed without notifying clients.  When I finally made the decision to leave, I contacted all my clients I had existing bookings with and made sure they were transferred to another TA in our agency that I trusted (or, if needed, to a different agency).  I know that travel agencies are currently struggling (as are many businesses) but still, there's no excuse for just closing without any communication to clients.  That's just poor customer service and I can't get over it.  I'm glad you got things fixed though!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iheartmarshall said:

I am so sorry many of you have had issues with TAs!  I was a part-time for a couple years with a smaller regional agency and I'm astounded that some have just closed without notifying clients.  When I finally made the decision to leave, I contacted all my clients I had existing bookings with and made sure they were transferred to another TA in our agency that I trusted (or, if needed, to a different agency).  I know that travel agencies are currently struggling (as are many businesses) but still, there's no excuse for just closing without any communication to clients.  That's just poor customer service and I can't get over it.  I'm glad you got things fixed though!  

Ah an update.  When I booked, part of my "deposit" was charged to my card direct by CCL.  A portion was charged by the agency.  The total of both showed as being paid in my CCL booking confirmation.  Now, CCL says I owe a balance that equal the amount charged by the agency.  So it appears the now defunct agency has somehow taken the portion paid through them back.  Next step - file a dispute of the amount with my credit card company.

22 minutes ago, adonisr said:

Ah an update.  When I booked, part of my "deposit" was charged to my card direct by CCL.  A portion was charged by the agency.  The total of both showed as being paid in my CCL booking confirmation.  Now, CCL says I owe a balance that equal the amount charged by the agency.  So it appears the now defunct agency has somehow taken the portion paid through them back.  Next step - file a dispute of the amount with my credit card company.

Yikes. Good luck.

17 minutes ago, DenaInWyo said:

Reason #342 I will never use a travel agent.  I know, my loss in some ways and I am sure there are good ones out there, but no thanks.  Not for me.

Have used agents for 20 years.  This is the first issue I've had.  I'll continue to use agents.

11 hours ago, adonisr said:

It should always be charged entirely to the cruise line. It looks like the agency knew it was going under and did something totally unethical. I am not sure but believe I have read of an insurance plan funded by travel agencies that is supposed to cover clients when an agency goes bankrupt.

And good luck with the credit card dispute. They are usually very good at handling those types of disputes.