August Med Cruises all waitlisted

Looks like O has waitlisted all Aug sailings in the Med.  This is becoming a pattern.  O is waiting until final payment is due and once everyone has paid, waitlist then cancel the sailing.  We have to take FCC or wait for a refund.  I have a Sept sailing.  I think I’ll cancel prior to making final payment next week.  If it sails and I decide to go, I can always rebook.  I’m doubt that Marina, Riveria, Nautica, and Sirena will all sail a very abbreviated Med season.

I'm really curious as to what they will do itinerary wise once sailings do start back up again.

• Like 1

Well you know there will be no cruises  before the winter  if then  so just cancel now & be done with it

If your FP is due next week you will already get an FCC for the Admin fee  they will with hold

I wouldn't pay final payment.  I have final payment due in a couple of weeks on a Viking Ocean Cruise.  I will not be paying it. Like you said, you can always rebook.  Good luck!

3 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

If I cancel and don’t make final payment, it looks like I will lose my deposit.  Is that the case?  The travel assurance program clearly states that it only applies to cruises where full payment is made.

Any thoughts?

Here are the T&C for cancellations:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Legal/56049/TC-US.pdf

12 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

If I cancel and don’t make final payment, it looks like I will lose my deposit.  Is that the case?  The travel assurance program clearly states that it only applies to cruises where full payment is made.

Any thoughts?

If you have not made final payment  but  are  past the cut off  for the Admin fee to kick in    you will get most of the deposit back  less the admin fee  which will be an FCC

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

Yea I watched this go from US based cruises to also include some international cruises to now all.  I understand they are winging it but when they know their restart will only include one or two ships it’s dishonest to accept deposits on all six ships in my book.  It might even be illegal which is why some lines have started to put disclaimers on their website.

• Like 2

Thanks all, I was completely off base!!  I thought I would lose the entire deposit and that FCC was only being issued for sailings where full payment has been made.

The sailing is only 14 days so the admin fee is $250 pp.  If that is issued as FCC credit, great!  I have not had to cancel a sailing so I never really paid attention to the fees.  Now I know!

22 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

Does anyone have the link to the documentation that states that the admin fee ($500) will be issued as a FCC.  Thx!

Did you read the link I posted  above ?

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of issue.