FCC disappeared

crdtrnr

I was booked on the 3/14/20 sailing of the Star, which got cancelled on 3/13.

I had a FCC showing on my account, even though I submitted a refund request, on 4/12.

The FCC disappeared this weekend....does that mean that my refund is finally getting processed?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

37 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

I had a FCC showing on my account, even though I submitted a refund request, on 4/12.

The FCC disappeared this weekend....does that mean that my refund is finally getting processed?

Thanks

Lisa

Yes-    FCC are automatically credited to everyone.    They disappear when refunds are given.      I got off the ship that day and was fortunate to get home.   I’m surprised you didn’t take advantage of the 50% fcc?   I have a friend who did.   And her traveling in the day of the cruise worked perfectly for her.   I did the same thing 2 weeks prior myself.    Of course it’s flip a coin.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crdtrnr said:

Thanks

Lisa

I noticed my FCC also disappeared this weekend.

I normally don't sail NCL, and the rates lately, since Covid 19, have not been cheap..

It would have been nice to use the FCC, probably would have covered 2 cruises, if I took my DH, but he wouldn't get the discount...and he doesn't care for NCL.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:29 AM, crdtrnr said:

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa. Can you please update if/when your refund goes through? Could use a glimmer of hope here. Thanks.

• Like 1

My question is a bit different than receiving a FCC for a cancelled cruise due to Covid.  I may not be posting in correct forum but noticed this one is about FCC so I'll post here.

I would like to know if you receive a FCC from a previous sailing on the Star this past November 2019 and received a FCC in Jan. 2021 does anyone know if their is a policy for extending this FCC beyond it's 1 year expiration?  We booked another cruise with NCL for Oct. 2020 and cancelled this cruise before final payment (which is 6/13).  Because of Covid 19 and my husband and myself being in the high risk category we decided it was not in our best interests to go on this cruise in Oct. 2020.  We were told by CS agent I spoke with that our $100 refund would be processed back to our credit card.  I know that the wait time is about 30 days (just cancelled last week).  What happens to that FCC we got?  I contacted NCL guest relations (via email) and asked about the FCC and was told that it was only good for 1 year from receipt of the FCC received, which is Jan. 2021.  I also explained that in light of the Covid 19 effect on cruising we would like to postpone booking another cruise until the fall of 2021 as we like to do fall transatlantics.  The answer was a very curt "no" that the FCC was valid for 1 year from the date offered or Jan. 2021.  I was told there are no exceptions to this policy as everyone would want extensions.  I have seen posts that NCL may cancel all cruises thru Oct. 2020.   Thoughts please.....  Thank you in advance.

Edited by cruisingmimi
clarification

Our FCC's disappeared as well! They were definitely there a couple of days ago. Feeling a little more hopeful now. Our 3/29 cruise was cancelled on 3/14 and we requested a refund on 4/19.

Hoping that everyone who was waiting on a refund is getting them!!!!

My Sept CAN/NE cruise is no longer showing up as bookable.  I had anticipated that it would be cancelled, so had looked for a replacement in 2021.  There were lots available.  Now there are only 3 all on the Breakaway for Aug/Sept/Oct. 😞

Yes-    FCC are automatically credited to everyone.    They disappear when refunds are given.      I got off the ship that day and was fortunate to get home.   I’m surprised you didn’t take advantage of the 50% fcc?   I have a friend who did.   And her traveling in the day of the cruise worked perfectly for her.   I did the same thing 2 weeks prior myself.    Of course it’s flip a coin.    

I also noticed this morning that
my FCC credits disappeared from my Account- I’m hopeful that the
credit refund will appear in 3-5 business days as usually the case
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cruise47 said:

How many cruisers have received their refund?

People are posting regarding their refunds on several threads. The one below has a spreadsheet. It seems quite a few people were notified via email at the beginning of last week and received their refunds by Friday and Saturday. I received the email yesterday so am hoping to see the refunds credited to my card later this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I requested a refund on April 13th for an April Breakaway cruise and May 7th for a June Getaway cruise.  I received a refund for the April cruise.  I noticed my FCC was missing for my June cruise on Monday.  I am hoping to see that refund soon.  My FCC was not for the total I paid and I was sailing alone, so I am very curious to see what they refund.

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

I requested a refund on April 13th for an April Breakaway cruise and May 7th for a June Getaway cruise.  I received a refund for the April cruise.  I noticed my FCC was missing for my June cruise on Monday.  I am hoping to see that refund soon.  My FCC was not for the total I paid and I was sailing alone, so I am very curious to see what they refund.

Had you also used Cruise Next or previous FCC?   NCL insurance?   

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

Had you also used Cruise Next or previous FCC?   NCL insurance?   

I got my cruise next back in my account.  I did purchase the insurance, but even deducting that it is still off.