Signs of returning to cruising

Cruiseboy06

By beginning  of August or so we should see (if cruising restarting by end of September) signs like crew call for a new contract for a new ship assignment, ship returning to home ports ordering for food and etc. As now they are showing cruises in October and beyond.   Some crew has to aboard the ship several weeks prior first cruise to get the ship ready for cruising, Broadway shows in the main lounges.  Some of the ships have crew who is unable to return home now, that'd be another problem.  We will see.   Also we need to watch the deadline for CDC.   And maybe Carnival will have sales for upcoming cruises.. 

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing.  The best clue to determine if sailing resumes Sept. 16 and beyond will be what is happening with re-upping the ships in August.  If we don't see signs of that happening, then October -December is a no go...regardless of what the CDC says in July.

I believe they'll take the plan they had for Aug., meaning 8 ships (or whatever) with limited capacity, and simply shift that to the new prospective return date. If that happens, it'll be a lot easier to man the ships and give spare time to prepare for a full return. Donald recently said not to expect any deals or sales because bookings/demand is up. As of the time of his statement, there would've been no need to offer sales, but who knows what we might see in the next 2 1/2 months. I suspect that if the demand was high up until now, it'll remain high for the new return date.

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I was thinking the same thing.  The best clue to determine if sailing resumes Sept. 16 and beyond will be what is happening with re-upping the ships in August.  If we don't see signs of that happening, then October -December is a no go...regardless of what the CDC says in July.

I think you are correct - the last thing the cruise lines would need now is to bring staff back and them have the ships go empty again for a second wave. I think they are acting cautiously and until we see them bringing staff back in advance of sailings and hear the rumblings of staff working or being put back on the contracts - cruising will continue to be off the radar.

Hope it happens soon - but not betting on anything.