March 2021- possible changes in Meraviglia Itinerary

Linda the Book Lover

2 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Our March 2021 cruise does have some changes we are now going to Ocho Rios, Cayman, and Cozumel instead of Roatan, Belize City, and Costa Maya.  

Sorry, I should have been more specific here.  I was meaning regarding length of itineraries.  I have mentioned on other threads my not liking that all the other Caribbean ships are now 3-4-7 day initeraries, Meraviglia seems to be keeping to seven days only.  So if you want to book more than seven days, to me, Meraviglia is now the only ship that makes sense.  Unfortunately Meraviglia is comparatively not a good ship for the Caribbean.

2 minutes ago, Até said:

Meraviglia seems to be keeping to seven days only.  So if you want to book more than seven days, to me, Meraviglia is now the only ship that makes sense.  Unfortunately Meraviglia is comparatively not a good ship for the Caribbean.

If Mera is only seven-night cruise itinerary, your comment confuses me.  That would mean your only options for more than seven nights would be 14-, 21-, etc. With Armonia or Seaside, I could arrange 7-, 10-, or 11-, or 14-nights.

17 minutes ago, JAGR said:

If Mera is only seven-night cruise itinerary, your comment confuses me.  That would mean your only options for more than seven nights would be 14-, 21-, etc. With Armonia or Seaside, I could arrange 7-, 10-, or 11-, or 14-nights.

Say for the new Seaside from PC.  You can do a seven day Port Canaveral>Ocean Cay>Grand Cayman>Cozumel>Port Canaveral but then you do the three day PC>OC>PC and/or four day PC>OC>Nassau>PC.  I really don't want to keep going back to OC and keep getting off and going through immigration in Port Canaveral.  Meraviglia will still be alternating East and West, so only a double of Ocean Cay and one stop in Miami over 14 days.  I'm sure it is subjective.  But I like different ports and I'm not overly interested in the private island or Nassau, so Meraviglia b2b is a better itinerary.  Maybe because it looks like the only way to get to the Eastern Caribbean short of, now I think, Poesia.

ETA:  I haven't yet been able to see the 3-4-7 itineraries for Armonia or Divina, so maybe one of them will be acceptable to me as a 10 or 11 day, and hopefully go further East.  When possible I'll have to search through and see if any other ships ever run two seven days that could b2b.

Edited by Até

19 minutes ago, Até said:

Say for the new Seaside from PC.  You can do a seven day Port Canaveral>Ocean Cay>Grand Cayman>Cozumel>Port Canaveral but then you do the three day PC>OC>PC and/or four day PC>OC>Nassau>PC.  I really don't want to keep going back to OC and keep getting off and going through immigration in Port Canaveral.  Meraviglia will still be alternating East and West, so only a double of Ocean Cay and one stop in Miami over 14 days.  I'm sure it is subjective.  But I like different ports and I'm not overly interested in the private island or Nassau, so Meraviglia b2b is a better itinerary.  Maybe because it looks like the only way to get to the Eastern Caribbean short of, now I think, Poesia.

ETA:  I haven't yet been able to see the 3-4-7 itineraries for Armonia or Divina, so maybe one of them will be acceptable to me as a 10 or 11 day, and hopefully go further East.  When possible I'll have to search through and see if any other ships ever run two seven days that could b2b.

Gotcha.  I was thinking about permutations on number of nights.  Not sure if the immigration on B2B in PC is any more bothersome than MIA in the middle of a B2B there.  I think it would be a bit easier in PC.

19 hours ago, JAGR said:

Gotcha.  I was thinking about permutations on number of nights.  Not sure if the immigration on B2B in PC is any more bothersome than MIA in the middle of a B2B there.  I think it would be a bit easier in PC.

We've done b2b in PC on DCL but years ago.  It was down escalator, quick check, and back up escalator to main terminal.