March 2021- possible changes in Meraviglia Itinerary

Linda the Book Lover

I have been watching my cruise sailing in March 2021 on the Meraviglia. First the cabin number dropped so I called and the very nice representative put it back for me and sent me a copy. Yesterday, I noticed there is an error message for our cruise. I am guessing they are making the adjustments for some ships moving in June to Port Canaveral. Any guesses as to what may be going on for the Meraviglia in March 2021?  I know be patient...😉

Seaside and Meraviglia ppear to be undergoing schedule and itinerary changes, a lot of Seaside sailings have been moved to sail on Meraviglia for Nov 2020 - Mar 2021. All of the passengers booked on Seaside on another forum I belong to have logged into the MSC For Me app and their booking is now showing that they will be on Meraviglia.

Edited by CruisingFox27

Just now, CruisingFox27 said:

Seaside and Meraviglia ppear to be undergoing schedule and itinerary changes, a lot of Seaside sailings have been moved to sail on Meraviglia for Nov 20 - Mar 21. All of the passengers booked on Seaside on another forum I belong to have logged into the MSC For Me app and their booking is now showing that they will be on Meraviglia.

Wow! My booking is the 28th so I may be alright.

41 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Seaside and Meraviglia appear to be undergoing schedule and itinerary changes, a lot of Seaside sailings have been moved to sail on Meraviglia for Nov 2020 - Mar 2021. All of the passengers booked on Seaside on another forum I belong to have logged into the MSC For Me app and their booking is now showing that they will be on Meraviglia.

I've no idea why this post has appeared again......

Edited by CruisingFox27

I did not sign in and tried to book March 28th and received this message -  When I tried to check my booking I received the second message. I know be patient..

Apologies this cruise is now fully booked, please try a new search
For support , contact our Contact Center

Error SYS_005 - No message found under code 'PREPAID_001' for locale 'en_US'.

17 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

My Seaview cruise to Dubai has changed to Fantasia which is not acceptable really as we had Aurea and Seaview have a great Spa etc and much newer ship.

Now that us interesting. Can MSC do that without compensation for the experience price difference?

5 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Now that us interesting. Can MSC do that without compensation for the experience price difference?

Probably something in terms to say they can but we booked under stress free program so can change if we wish so will probably change to next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I did not sign in and tried to book March 28th and received this message -  When I tried to check my booking I received the second message. I know be patient..

Apologies this cruise is now fully booked, please try a new search
For support , contact our Contact Center

Error SYS_005 - No message found under code 'PREPAID_001' for locale 'en_US'.

I get the "Apologies this cruise is now fully booked...." when I was checking on my 3/31/20 Seaside cruise also.  My guess is that we should be hearing about all the changes that MSC is making....hopefully tomorrow.

I have also been getting the "SYS_005....." error when I go into my booking information.  When I called MSC's service representative about a FCC problem, I was transferred to their IT representative to report the SYS_005 error since I had this same problem after they cancelled my 2 cruises.  The representative said that it should be resolved in 1 to 2 days.

1 hour ago, dolphin1313 said:

I get the "Apologies this cruise is now fully booked...." when I was checking on my 3/31/20 Seaside cruise also.  My guess is that we should be hearing about all the changes that MSC is making....hopefully tomorrow.

I have also been getting the "SYS_005....." error when I go into my booking information.  When I called MSC's service representative about a FCC problem, I was transferred to their IT representative to report the SYS_005 error since I had this same problem after they cancelled my 2 cruises.  The representative said that it should be resolved in 1 to 2 days.

Thanks for the update. I will peek tomorrow.

4 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

My Seaview cruise to Dubai has changed to Fantasia which is not acceptable really as we had Aurea and Seaview have a great Spa etc and much newer ship.

4 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

The cruise has moved ships to MSC Fantasia from Seaview not that they've changed experience from Aurea to Fantastica. 

The T&C'c do allow for the ship to change, unsurprisingly. 

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The cruise has moved ships to MSC Fantasia from Seaview not that they've changed experience from Aurea to Fantastica. 

My goodness I sure need to read slower. Thanks for making me slow down a bit! 😃

10 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I realize that it's just that the Aurea facilities are much better on Seaview than Fantasia,let's see if any compensation issued or may transfer to next year.

Just saw this posted on MSC

SELECT CARIBBEAN CRUISE ITINERARY CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES

As we confirm our commitment to cruising in the Caribbean, we have made some itinerary and cruise changes below. 

For Winter 2020 - 2021 Caribbean cruises, please see below changes.

CANCELED SAILINGS

MSC MERAVIGLIA:
Canceled: 5-day cruise departing from Miami on November 3, 2020 
Canceled: all 7-night itineraries departing on Sundays from Miami November 8, 2020 - April 11, 2021
New itineraries: MSC Meraviglia will now offer 7-night cruises from Miami departing every Saturday, doing Eastern and Western Caribbean. Guests can move their cruise one day earlier, with MSC Meraviglia now departing Saturdays vs. Sundays.

MSC ARMONIA:
Canceled: repositioning cruise from Miami to Tampa departing from Miami on November 1, 2020
Canceled: all itineraries from Tampa November 11, 2020 - April 27, 2021

New itineraries: MSC Armonia will now offer 3, 4 and 7-night cruises from Miami on Mondays and Fridays

MSC DIVINA: 
Canceled: Repositioning cruise from Geona to Miami January 9, 2021

Canceled: all itineraries from Miami January 29, 2021 - March 26, 2021

IMPACTED SAILINGS

MSC SEASIDE:
Canceled: all 7-night itineraries from Miami departing every Saturday from October 31, 2020 - March 20, 2021
Repositioning cruise from Miami to Genoa originally departing March 27, 2021, will now depart from Port Canaveral on March 28, 2021
New itineraries: MSC Seaside will now sail for the first time from Port Canaveral offering 3, 4 & 7-night cruises

To learn about our new winter 2020-2021 cruise itineraries for MSC Armonia, MSC Meraviglia, and MSC Seaside click here.

OPTIONS FOR ALL  WINTER 2020/21 CANCELED SAILINGS ABOVE:

All guests whose bookings are impacted by any changes due to the fall and winter 2021 deployment will be moved to another ship serving the same or similar itinerary, while protecting the price of their original booking. In addition, these guests will be eligible for the following compensation: 

• All guests who have booked an inside or oceanview stateroom will receive a stateroom upgrade
  • All guests booked in a balcony stateroom, a suite or a MSC Yacht Club stateroom will receive a shipboard credit of $100 per stateroom for cruises six nights or less (based on double occupancy, $50 for single occupancy). For cruises of seven nights or longer, guests will receive $200 per stateroom (based on double occupancy, $100 for single occupancy). 

Alternatively, MSC Cruises USA guests have the ability to transfer the amount currently paid on their booking to another ship and sailing in MSC Cruises’ fleet or can opt for a refund of their deposit amount, based on normal cancellation policies.

For Spring, Summer & Fall 2021 Caribbean cruises, please see below changes.

CANCELED SAILINGS

MSC ARMONIA:

Canceled: all cruises from Tampa, Florida from May 2 - October 31, 2021 
New itineraries: MSC Armonia will now offer 3 & 4-night cruises from Miami on Mondays and Fridays

MSC DIVINA:
Canceled: all cruises from Miami, Florida from March 28 - August 22, 2021 
Canceled: all cruises from New York from September 3 - October 23, 2021 
New itineraries: MSC Divina will now sail for the first time from Port Canaveral offering 3, 4 & 7-night cruises

To learn about our new spring/summer/fall 2021 cruise itineraries for MSC Armonia, MSC Divina & MSC Meraviglia, click here.

OPTIONS FOR ALL SPRING/SUMMER/FALL 2021 CANCELED SAILINGS ABOVE:

Guests can move the money on the current booking to any new cruise within the next 60 days (to sail anytime) and get a $50 per person onboard credit. If you wish to have a refund of any funds paid on the canceled booking, this will be provided 60 days from the requested date. Contact your travel advisor or MSC Cruises to make your selection.  

Edited by lovemycruisetoo

7 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

You're welcome.  I was originally booked on this but canceled when I realized it was Spring Break.

This cruise is planned for my 70th birthday. Best thing is instead of flying home on my birthday, I will be home for the actual day! 

Hmm, just "some" changes.  Meraviglia seems the only ship with unaffected itneraries, unfortunate for me since I really didn't like the ship.  Looks like the US is going to have pretty crumby itineraries through Fall 2021.

Edited by Até

38 minutes ago, Até said:

Hmm, just "some" changes.  Meraviglia seems the only ship with unaffected itneraries, unfortunate for me since I really didn't like the ship.  Looks like the US is going to have pretty crumby itineraries through Fall 2021.

Our March 2021 cruise does have some changes we are now going to Ocho Rios, Cayman, and Cozumel instead of Roatan, Belize City, and Costa Maya.  

10 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I would be okay with the switch of ships, but I am not happy with a downgrade of my YC room type.

We still have our same cabin but the price is higher. I will call them today or another day and take care of that. Today is "hotel" day for changes. Hopefully this will not be an issue as the hotel is now asking for a three night minimum.  However, I am alive and well so there is a great plus!