Change from ES to other promo question?

crookedhalo

it is possible..you will need to contact your TA or carnival directly. Early saver is always the cheapest fare code, to get a refundable rate it will increase your cruise fare cost

Edited by shof515

57 minutes ago, shof515 said:

it is possible..you will need to contact your TA or carnival directly. Early saver is always the cheapest fare code, to get a refundable rate it will increase your cruise fare cost

Yes...but it depends on the size of the deposit.  OP may not want to loose it. And he could switch back to "early saver" before final payment.  However, if there's a cash flow issue with Carnival, getting the refundable deposit back may be an issue.

There will be a penalty if you change fare codes....so you really need to speak to someone and look at the numbers.

30 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes...but it depends on the size of the deposit.  OP may not want to loose it. And he could switch back to "early saver" before final payment.  However, if there's a cash flow issue with Carnival, getting the refundable deposit back may be an issue.

There will be a penalty if you change fare codes....so you really need to speak to someone and look at the numbers.

Yes, that is part of the concern. Our trip is more than a year out, but not sure now if we will want to cruise...

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Have they changed the rules of ES since the pandemic?

Last I read that once you were ES you were always ES.

This was on Carnivals site :

A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Remaining funds are non-refundable/non-transferable and will be held as a future cruise credit to be applied to your cruise fare on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

10 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Have they changed the rules of ES since the pandemic?

Last I read that once you were ES you were always ES.

This was on Carnivals site :

A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Remaining funds are non-refundable/non-transferable and will be held as a future cruise credit to be applied to your cruise fare on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation.

that is true. depending on the agent, they will either have to cancel your existing booking and rebook you to get out of ES or the agent might have a different way to get out of ES

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crookedhalo said:

Yes, that is part of the concern. Our trip is more than a year out, but not sure now if we will want to cruise...

I get it.

On the other hand, if life becomes normal....and it sails without all these restrictions....the prices will skyrocket.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

I get it.

On the other hand, if life becomes normal....and it sails without all these restrictions....the prices will skyrocket.

Yes, and we've got Havana cabins on the aft deck six, including a vista...

I'll keep watching for price drops...

3 minutes ago, crookedhalo said:

Yes, and we've got Havana cabins on the aft deck six, including a vista...

I'll keep watching for price drops...

I have a Sept 2021 booked...ES rate with a bonus obc.  I got "almost the least expensive" cabin (Sept to Canada...no need for a balcony...so we booked the interior spa).  With all the cancellations and OBC to spend, my instinct tells me the price has nowhere to go but up because of demand (assuming it sails).  If not....there's always 2022!

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I have a Sept 2021 booked...ES rate with a bonus obc.  I got "almost the least expensive" cabin (Sept to Canada...no need for a balcony...so we booked the interior spa).  With all the cancellations and OBC to spend, my instinct tells me the price has nowhere to go but up because of demand (assuming it sails).  If not....there's always 2022!

We've already caught two price drops so far - it's a group of four cabins.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, crookedhalo said:

Good morning. Tried searching for this with no success.  If you are currently sitting in an ES rate, can you switch to another rate that is refundable? Any issues?

I'm told once es always es.

You can match to other rates. You cant change from nonrefundable deposit and make it refundable. 

Well the option above cancels and you pay the cancellation fees. To me that is not the same. I'm assuming you are trying to find a cheaper way to change to refundable. There isnt a cheap way. 

Edited by firefly333

How easy is it to change from one fare(not ES) to a different promotion that is also not ES but will be a couple hundred dollars cheaper than what I booked? The early saver OBC doesnt apply to me because I did not book early saver. Both promotions have the same onboard credit and are for the same ship and date. How hard is it to cancel one fare while applying for a new fare? I am guessing the downpayment wouldn't be transferable so It would take awhile to refund. I also paid for 2 dinner dates at specialty restaurants. Can those be transferred over to the new reservation? I am not sure the saving of that money would be worth the hassle of probably having to wait for refunds. 

26 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

How easy is it to change from one fare(not ES) to a different promotion that is also not ES but will be a couple hundred dollars cheaper than what I booked? The early saver OBC doesnt apply to me because I did not book early saver. Both promotions have the same onboard credit and are for the same ship and date. How hard is it to cancel one fare while applying for a new fare? I am guessing the downpayment wouldn't be transferable so It would take awhile to refund. I also paid for 2 dinner dates at specialty restaurants. Can those be transferred over to the new reservation? I am not sure the saving of that money would be worth the hassle of probably having to wait for refunds. 

How many fares are non refundable? I'm not seeing bit 3 choices of rates to start with and one is a guarantee rate. Cant downgrade.

Without knowing what rate to what rate, even if not ES are both refundable, and not changing for instance from a 6B to a gty ov, and downgrading which the Faqs  say isnt allowed, but so many put in, it was allowed, not sure currently.

Only other 2 rates I'm seeing I'd have to know you arent downgrading and both are refundable.