Princess Captains Circle Question

Me by the Sea

I saw on Princesses website that if they cancel your cruise this year, they will process an fcc to your Captain’s Circle Account.  Isn’t the Capt. Circle a loyalty program where you accrue points resulting in onboard perks like free laundry or internet? How can you access a future cruise credit from it?   I’d appreciate hearing from someone whose cruise was cancelled and received the credit, - to hopefully explain it.  Thanks!

Edited by Me by the Sea

When you purchase FCCs onboard, the $100 credit is actually stored in your Captain's Circle Account, along with whatever Onboard Credits you were offered. When you book a cruise, these amounts are transferred to the particular booking. The $100 becomes your deposit. 

When the cruise is cancelled (as happened to us with our 8/31 Alaska Star Princess sailing,) these amounts are returned to your CC Account.  All of this is separate from the record of Cruises Sailed and Cruise Days, which are used to determine Level and Perks.

I suspect the same being done with the FCC being offered for cancelled cruises when FCC is chosen, rather than a "cash" refund.

Edited by ischeer
additional info added
  • Like 1

I cancelled my March 7 th cruise. Instead of refunding my credit card with the cruise fare I was given that amount as a FCC. Princess also refunded the deposit I used as a FCC instead of reinstating it as a FCD. 
when I log into my Princess personalizer I can go to my bookings, history etc and see any FCC, FCD, OBC etc in my Captain Circle account. The FCC in my case could not be used asa deposit and have an expiry date to use by & to sail by. Not everyone has the same terms. 

• Like 1

I assume at some point you had set up a "My Princess" account. This is for an individual, not for more than one person.

On the Princess Web Site near the top click on "My Account."

From the drop down menu, select in the "My Princess" section "Future Cruise Credits."

This is where you will see any FCCs you have.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ischeer said:

When you purchase FCCs onboard, the $100 credit is actually stored in your Captain's Circle Account, along with whatever Onboard Credits you were offered. When you book a cruise, these amounts are transferred to the particular booking. The $100 becomes your deposit. 

When the cruise is cancelled (as happened to us with our 8/31 Alaska Star Princess sailing,) these amounts are returned to your CC Account.  All of this is separate from the record of Cruises Sailed and Cruise Days, which are used to determine Level and Perks.

I suspect the same being done with the FCC being offered for cancelled cruises when FCC is chosen, rather than a "cash" refund.

Apples and oranges.

Purchased on board credits are called Future Cruise Deposits (FCD).

Credits given by Princess for cancelled cruises or errors for which Princess is apologizing are called Future Cruise Credits (FCC).

Both can be seen in the CC account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Apples and oranges.

Purchased on board credits are called Future Cruise Deposits (FCD).

Credits given by Princess for cancelled cruises or errors for which Princess is apologizing are called Future Cruise Credits (FCC).

Both can be seen in the CC account.

To make it more confusing, to see your FCDs you need to look under "Future Cruise Credits" where any FCD is listed with a description of "Future Cruise Deposit."

FCCs for other reasons will have a different description.

• Like 1

I will add the the FDC that you buy while onboard during a cruise will be returned to your CC if you do not use it within 2 years. (Requests to add 2 years to unused FCD's have been honored if the FDC is still active)

An FCC is a cruise credit that has a drop dead expiration date.  You cannot buy it onboard or any other way.  There is no returning of an FCC.  If you don't use it within the specified time, you lose it (poof).

• Like 1