No Cruises for 2020?

krittykat

Are you looking at a specific ship? I’m able to see October, November and December availability. 

I can see October, but, if you try to book, all cabins say “sold out”. The bliss out of LA says “this itinerary is no longer available. please choose another”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few months ago I was hopeful that cruising would resume by the end of the year.  Unfortunately I don't see cruising resuming anytime this year.  Things are worse today than April.  We had a record death rate today in Florida and cases are steadily at least 10,000 each day.  Positivity rate in Miami is 28% when it used to be around 10%.  All those myths about the summer and heat and sun killing the virus are not true.

My forecast hunch would guess cruising wont resume until late spring next year.  The EU just extended their travel ban on Americans.  Also a underreported story is the huge Covid outbreak in the Virgin Islands.

We can all point fingers as to why this is happening but the point remains we blew our chance at returning to somewhat normal by the actions of many and the inactions of elected leaders.  So the consequence is a longer delay in cruising resuming.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

A few months ago I was hopeful that cruising would resume by the end of the year.  Unfortunately I don't see cruising resuming anytime this year.  Things are worse today than April.  We had a record death rate today in Florida and cases are steadily at least 10,000 each day.  Positivity rate in Miami is 28% when it used to be around 10%.  All those myths about the summer and heat and sun killing the virus are not true.

My forecast hunch would guess cruising wont resume until late spring next year.  The EU just extended their travel ban on Americans.  Also a underreported story is the huge Covid outbreak in the Virgin Islands.

We can all point fingers as to why this is happening but the point remains we blew our chance at returning to somewhat normal by the actions of many and the inactions of elected leaders.  So the consequence is a longer delay in cruising resuming.

I agree regarding cruising this year, I don't see it coming back.

As for the myths about the summer heat killing things, I never understand why people thought this was viable when the news kept reporting that equatorial countries such as Panama and Ecuador were being ravaged, and they basically have our summer weather all year round to a degree.

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Waiting for some Floridians here on CC to refute what you said. Wait for it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I really think cruise lines will require it.

If they don't , there is no way I would go to the closed environment of a cruise ship for a couple of weeks knowing that there may be some who refuse to be vaccinated "just because of______________" (fill in the blank).  Any vaccine will not be 100% effective, but any effectiveness would be severely compromised by those symptomatic, asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic who spread it.

Nor would I expect millions of other potential cruisers to do the same.

if you believe the shot would work then why do all have to have it?    now masks i understand because they are mostly for others protection. 

17 hours ago, Nicky Mouse said:

I agree regarding cruising this year, I don't see it coming back.

As for the myths about the summer heat killing things, I never understand why people thought this was viable when the news kept reporting that equatorial countries such as Panama and Ecuador were being ravaged, and they basically have our summer weather all year round to a degree.

Just saw a report on The Weather Channel this morning about why you should leave your mask in the car.  Scientists at the U of GA have found that temps of 130F will kill the virus in 30 minutes and temps of 150F kill it in five minutes.  So, if the cruise lines just close up all the doors and windows and crank all the ovens up full blast, we can finally cruise.  And it would be a great weight loss program too!  🤣

• Haha 2