Lift and Shift - Ship in dry dock/no ships sailing itinerary

xxpinksaltxx

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the lift and shift when the ship you're booked on is meant to be dry docked and therefore there are no ships sailing that itinerary?

We are booked on the Solstice for South Pacific. Next year during this time the Solstice is meant to dry dock and there are no South Pacific Itineraries.

Just looking for a bit of input while we wait to hear back.

Thanks [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I was booked on an 11 day Caribbean cruise for October 2020 on the Equinox.  There are no 11 day cruises to shift to.  I was told that makes me inelligible.  As has been discussed on the board, I was not able to go into the 12 day and pay the difference.  There was a 9 day but we didn't want to lose 2 days.  I feel this cruise won't sail, but it's clear they are not going to cancel to it until after final payment.   Disappointing.

I was booked on an 11 day Caribbean cruise for October 2020 on the Equinox.  There are no 11 day cruises to shift to.  I was told that makes me inelligible.  As has been discussed on the board, I was not able to go into the 12 day and pay the difference.  There was a 9 day but we didn't want to lose 2 days.  I feel this cruise won't sail, but it's clear they are not going to cancel to it until after final payment.   Disappointing.
I think this is what will happen for us. Im not willing to put down final payment, as we know we won't be sailing ( our government has been really strict after the Ruby Princess issues). Dont want to wait for a refund or put that much money into FCC even if it's at 125%.

We scored a great deal when it was double your savings and have a suite booked for 10 nights, $2000 each, full perks and $600 onboard credit. I think we knew when we booked it was "too good to be true" lol.

Have you used their tool at https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C enter your booking information to see what sailings are being offered.  It's possible there are none.  There are several sailings where they are not offering L&S options.
Thank you for the link. I didnt try the tool out ( wasnt sure if it was a "once you submit this option, thats what you have" type thing). I'll check it out now.

12 hours ago, xxpinksaltxx said:

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the lift and shift when the ship you're booked on is meant to be dry docked and therefore there are no ships sailing that itinerary?

We are booked on the Solstice for South Pacific. Next year during this time the Solstice is meant to dry dock and there are no South Pacific Itineraries.

Just looking for a bit of input while we wait to hear back.

Thanks emoji3.png

Absolutely.  Lift and shift only works if you find an almost exact sailing in a coming year.  Many itineraries simply won't work.

4 hours ago, xxpinksaltxx said:

Thank you for the link. I didnt try the tool out ( wasnt sure if it was a "once you submit this option, thats what you have" type thing). I'll check it out now.

Once you put your booking info in it will give you your choices.  You select First/Second etc choices.  If you do submit a request it is final but you can cancel after seeing the options without submitting.