HAL and cancelled cruises - how far out?

SJSULIBRARIAN

52 minutes ago, debc said:

I'm booked on the Westerdam for 14 days leaving Santiago, Chile to BA on October 30. 

You might want to double check the status of that cruise, as I believe it was canceled. 
I was booked to be on the Westerdam from Vancouver to Santiago, continuing to Buenos Aires, boarding October 17, 2000. My cruises were canceled. 

10 minutes ago, Himself said:

My understanding is that ALL HAL cruises are shut down through November 30th. I really do not expect anything before January

of 2021, sad to say.

Looking at the current data (increase in cases in the US, especially in South Florida; border restrictions around the world; world wide economic disruption; ships currently spread around the world along with major hurdles getting crews to/from the ships) I can not see how any North America cruises depart before 2021 and certainly not any HAL sailings around the world, especially the longer 14+ night sailings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwtravel said:

Looking at the current data (increase in cases in the US, especially in South Florida; border restrictions around the world; world wide economic disruption; ships currently spread around the world along with major hurdles getting crews to/from the ships) I can not see how any North America cruises depart before 2021 and certainly not any HAL sailings around the world, especially the longer 14+ night sailings. 

I would concur with your candid observations.