Do all RCCL ships have teen clubs or just kids’ clubs (to age 12)?

41 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

Thanks! 

It's bit too generic to say for sure (plus anything can happen when sailings resume) - if you limit your question to a few ships you are considering you might get a good answer.

• Like 1

The ‘teen’ club is a space only with very little organized events.  And what there is tends to be video game tournaments or sports.  It’s not really supervised either.  Really they just tend to do their own thing in groups around the ship

• Like 1

When we have cruised with royal caribbean and also on Norweighan (they have different age groups for both cruise lines or they did for our last few cruises) our daughter went to teen clubs -  it really was just a  meeting place to meet up and then hang out with them - not much organised events for the teen club as such although there were a few events which were enjoyable and really glad they have the club for teens which my daughter really enjoyed .

With that being said, I would definetly say for your teenager to go to teen club on first day/night meet up (cant remember what it is called ) as that way they will meet people their age they can hang out with throught the cruise.

Our daughter did that  and met some really nice friends who she went to lunch with , hung out at the club at night or wondered about the cruise ship, played in pool etc and she had a great time

Defintely worth participing in for teens

• Like 1

Teen club is in every ship.  There are occasional organized activities but it’s not nearly as rigid as the kids program.  The main purpose is to use the space as a meeting point/home base and then kind of wander around the ship together or do the activities they may have scheduled in the program.

I loved it as a teenager.  Main purpose was to meet other teens as at that age the last thing you want to do is hangout with your parents.   They have dance parties, Card games, scavenger hunts, make videos, etc.    I absolutely loved it and made some amazing friends, some of who I even saw on other cruises 7-8 years later randomly.  

They absolutely have to go the first night.  Cliques start forming and everyone is just meeting everyone.  It’s a lot easier to make friends the first night.  

• Like 1