7-16-20 Thursday Weigh-In....What Food Are You Eating?

Belle

Jo - I got my hair cut on Sunday ... think I might show a loss on Thursday due to that!  My hair had gotten really long (shoulder length anyway) and was way too hot and I would wake up in the middle of the night with it totally plastered to my head.  I now have a nice pixie cut and am very happy.

Robin - we are a big vacation state here and have had lots of mandates about 14 day quarenteening for anyone coming in into the state.  Unfortunately people are "visiting" and are not being truthful ... so frustrating .. and so many people are complaining about masks.  Wish we would all follow the rules so that this can get over quicker.

Have to take my dog to the vets this afternoon ... she is acting a little oddly and didn't even want to "help" me eat my cereal this morning ... hope it is just a little tummy ache

@RobinCruiser and @retiring soon They look like our Cheetos. I love hearing about the different names things have in different parts of the world!  

Frito Lay Cheetos Spicy Chicken Finger Licking Taste | Cahroon ...

Jo, your meal plans sound delicious. Lasagna is my favorite!

Jan - I hope your dog is ok.

Well I'm day 2 for 2 working out, but I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed to do it this morning. Forced myself after hitting snooze twice. 😆 I didn't think I was sore, but once the workout started, I definitely felt it. I'm doing good on water. I'll be good about what I eat today; tomorrow is a different story though. I'm starting to have the kids plan and help cook a meal once a week each, and tomorrow DD is going to help make chicken enchiladas. I'll have to try to fill up on a big salad first so I don't eat half the pan. 

Edited by melmar02

I'm happy that so many of you seem to be getting together with family! That's great!!

Jan - Sorry to hear about the influx of tourists to your state. I have never been to Maine but from everything I've seen, it's very beautiful! But it is so frustrating when people are lying to get it and not quarantining or wearing masks. I still can't believe Disney World opened up in Florida. I'm glad Disney Land in CA has stayed closed. 

Jan - Hope your dog is feeling better! Maybe it's the heat? 

Melmar - We have Cheetos up here as well. Cheezies are firmer, most crunchy and have a stronger cheese taste in my opinion. Both are good though! And congrats on your work out consitency!

I just finished making a big tossed salad, a pasta salad and a coleslaw. Going to rotisserie a chicken tonight on the BBQ and have it with salads. We are having a sort of heat wave out here... supposed to get up to around 33C or 91F today. Wishing I was at the lake so I could go for a swim!!

Hello,

Glad to see more postings. 

We know someone affected by COVID-19. Our travel agent, who lives in Southern CA. I wanted a quote on a cruise in late 2021. Her mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both in the hospital. The sister-in-law has a collapsed lung. So horrible.

She tells me their extended family had a big party on Father's Day. Pretty much everyone at the party has it. Our travel agent and her husband didn't go to the party and are fine.

Pretty much what the banter is lately...no gathering (well, with a small number like 2 or 3 people I think is ok). Hopefully they recover soon. 

Pacruise, great you got the AC over and done. Will be nice to have it. 

Roger, thanks for visiting the thread. Yeah, I think we're all weary but must remain steadfast to avoid this horrible thing. 

Jo and Jan, hope you both have a loss Thursday. I always say I feel like I'm wearing a heavy helmet when my hair gets too long. So hopefully the haircuts contribute. I've been cutting my own hair. I just have a shoulder length bob so it's fairly easy. In summer I wear it up in a clip or pony tail anyway. 

I got used to cutting my own hair when I was still working and besides a fulltime job I helped hubby at his business so sometimes I didn't have time for haircuts. 

Mel, good luck on the 28 day challenge. 

Robin, mmmm, your dinner sounds great. Just what I like to have on a hot day.

Belle, hope all is going well for you. 

Have a nice day, Diana

Got a 4:20 appointment for the dog -   I felt like they looked at me like I was a little nutty when I said she was just acting oddly.  Panting a lot and standing next to walls and doors ... didn't want to eat .... Just not being herself.  She is an 80# yellow lab who is almost 9 now.

Went to the vet and they did blood work and came back and said that she has an infection in her liver.  Tomorrow she has an ultrasound to see what is going on with the liver and to check out her gallbladder.  I knew there was something going on.  Just hoping that meds will fix it and she will start being her normal chipper self.  Jan

Hello everyone.

Jan...So sorry about your baby. Hope they find nothing else wrong and meds will make her well soon.

Robin....Cheezies look like our Cheese Puffs but yours looks like it has more/different cheese in it. We have soft and hard puffs.

Jo...Hope you'll do alright on Thursday. If not blame on your daughter.:classic_smile:

Diana...Sorry your TA family has the virus. Good wishes for those in hospital. Hope they all get over it soon. 

Mel...Sorry your sore but good doing exercise.

Yes crossing the borders whether it be state, country's or county's.....They all should all be closed and not some open

and some not. One reason virus climbing plus people not wearing masks  and being in big groups.  They say won't

stop till everyone wear masks and distance and not cross any borders.  Harsh but it's what it is.

Have a friend in AZ that has lots of cases. They have to wear masks but they still can eat inside, malls open, gym's.

Does that make sense?  Calif. has lots of cases so things are closed.  See states don't do things the same way.

Jealous of you that got your hair cut. Mind has gotten really long.  Was going wait awhile to get it cut, my nails too..

to see how things were going first...then they closed again.  Will I ever get these things done.:classic_unsure:

Guess what I did this afternoon.  Booked a cruise to Alaska for Sept. 2021 A free one kinda. Have to pay tax and ins.

But cabin is free, daughter is going with me. Decided to do it and just see what happens. Just hate it's so far away.

but it had a date to book by. Might be a better deal later but might not. I was going in May this year which of course didn't

happen.  I have the b2b in April and now this one, makes 3..now only 3 more to catch up with JAN.

Who else has cruises booked? Do you feel safe to sail next year?  Are you scared to book? Are you just waiting to

see what happens?

Take care all.

Edited by Belle

The ultrasound on the dog didn't show any problems - so it is an infection of the liver that she has a lot of meds to take.  Before our appointment she ha a seizure (she has them every so often - and the vet says she is perfectly healthy). 

This afternoon, just taking it easy.  Kids are all coming over for dinner so that should be fun.  Hope that I'm down weightwise tomorrow ... right now it looks like I will be, but I will have to be very careful on eating tonight (which might be difficult as my SIL is making a cake w/chesse cake in it.  (and it is blueberry-lemon).

Hope everyone is doing well.  

Belle - Alaska in 2021 sounds lovely.  We have one for 2022 to Alaska.  I keep looking at the cruise that was canceled for this August and the count down is still working ... kind of sad looking at a 23 day until cruise knowing it was canceled.  Jan

Hello everyone.

Jan...So glad about your baby that she is going to be fine after taking the meds.

I know about the cruises being canceled. In May had the 20 day...kept saying

today I would of been in Juneau or I would of been in the dining room.

Have fun with family at dinner tonight...with time difference could be eating this as I

write if eat early.

Diana...Yes it's nice to have something to look forward to...but always the question is

will they cruise and how will it be.  First cruises is in April.  Will just wait and see.

Hope everyone had a nice day.