CDC no sail order

mickrory

15 hours ago, cscurlock said:

The mask requirements and social distancing will be just temporary once they get more data on the efficacy of the vaccine.  Which will happen as more and more take it.  As for the vaccine, there are so many companies working on this I think we will see a huge surge in availability. 

The vaccine that will have 30,000 people in it for stage 4 testing (1/2 of them getting a placebo) had stage 2 testing only on healthy people age 18-55.

In general, as people age their immune systems gradually lose their ability to develop antibodies to newly introduced diseases. So it remains to be seen if people older than 55 will be able to generate sufficient antibodies with this or any other vaccine.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

The vaccine that will have 30,000 people in it for stage 4 testing (1/2 of them getting a placebo) had stage 2 testing only on healthy people age 18-55.

In general, as people age their immune systems gradually lose their ability to develop antibodies to newly introduced diseases. So it remains to be seen if people older than 55 will be able to generate sufficient antibodies with this or any other vaccine.

And that's why they have further tests, with the sample size getting larger and more inclusive.

Another intrusive and time-consuming request for information was posted 7/21 by the CDC on the Federal Register: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=CDC-2020-0087-0001 Considering the comment period is open for 60 days, IMHO the 60 day public comment will end on September 21, 2020, the CDC will to review comments, and the CDC will just submit another round of RFI's as a stall tactic; meaning IMHO there's just no way my November 2020 Caribbean Princess voyage will set sail. 

The CDC's request reveals over 30 questions no doubt resulting in the cruise lines having to spend endless hours compiling, researching and submitting comments as if the CDC was conducting interrogatories or depositions, treating the cruise lines as defendants.

I called Princess today and transferred my November 2020 booking to a voyage in April 2021. 

Thanks for the CDC link. I had not seen that elsewhere. ? One point I found particularly interesting:

"Cumulative CDC data from the period
of March 1 to July 10, 2020 reveal a total
of 2,973 COVID–19 or COVID-like
illness cases on cruise ships, in addition
to 34 deaths. These data have also
revealed a total of 99 outbreaks on 123
different cruise ships, meaning that 80%
of ships within U.S. jurisdiction were
affected by COVID–19 during this time
frame. In addition, 9 ships still have
ongoing or resolving COVID–19
outbreaks on board."

2 hours ago, latserrof said:

BTW, Princess's opening FB page says "When it's safe to sail again, we'll be ready"...

Isn't this a recognition by Princess that it is not now safe to sail?

That does sound like a logical assumption.

Wondering when Princess will start extending their FCC's . Ours expire in February.  Most likely we weren't going to use it. If however they decide to change the expiry date, as they should, that will change things.