Silversea vs Azamara

Mackdogmolly

Just now, takemewithyou said:

Guess SilverSea is doing so well with its current client base that they can’t bother to entice any of us X and Azamara cruisers to try them. 

Luxury products have to keep up the cachet.  High prices, scarcity – it all feeds the brand image.  Once you start to look too eager, you aren't luxury any more.

2 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I am not asking for complete reciprocity, just some recognition of my loyalty status to help entice me to book with them.  Even a one category upgrade or some OBC.

They don't even do that for their own loyalty members.  After 100 sailing days on Silversea, you start to get 5% off new bookings.

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/venetian-society.html

On 2/1/2021 at 9:23 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

They don't even do that for their own loyalty members.  After 100 sailing days on Silversea, you start to get 5% off new bookings.

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/venetian-society.html

Venetian rewards are limited.   Though they do have special sailings (usually around 1/3 of them) that give 5% off for Venetian members.  It takes only one sailing to be a Venetian member. 

What Silversea does have are more interesting expedition sailings with smaller numbers of cruisers.  Our best cruise ever was of course Antarctica but additionally we did a west coast of Africa cruise from Capetown to Morocco.

45 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Venetian rewards are limited.   Though they do have special sailings (usually around 1/3 of them) that give 5% off for Venetian members.  It takes only one sailing to be a Venetian member. 

What Silversea does have are more interesting expedition sailings with smaller numbers of cruisers.  Our best cruise ever was of course Antarctica but additionally we did a west coast of Africa cruise from Capetown to Morocco.

This is the pattern for most luxury cruise lines.  That's why it's crazy for a cruise conglomerate to give status equivalency from their mass market brands to their luxury brands.

47 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is the pattern for most luxury cruise lines.  That's why it's crazy for a cruise conglomerate to give status equivalency from their mass market brands to their luxury brands.

Again......I was not asking for status equivalency or full reciprocity......just some recognition of loyalty with Celebrity and Azamara!

1 minute ago, takemewithyou said:

Again......I was not asking for status equivalency or full reciprocity......just some recognition of loyalty with Celebrity and Azamara!

Again.....Royal and Celebrity have thousands of loyalty members, Silversea has a very small fraction of that.  Not going to happen.

59 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

You know, that is really rude and not worthy of an answer and from a CruiseCritic Host?  Please ?  Give me a break!

I have forwarded your Report to the Admins for their decision. 

From my point of view, I was merely stating facts and my opinion about how luxury lines do loyalty benefits, as your responses escalated over five posts to:  "Fine.  And I do not NEED to sail with them!  Thank you very much!" 

The truth is what it is, whether we like it or not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Thank you for your input.  I have followed your comments on this board and Oceania’s and we did actually participate on a roll call for a cruise we both took on Azamara.  I have been reading the comments here and there were several favorable posts that made me think we should consider Silversea.  
I innocently asked if there was any benefits for X and Azamara customers, since it sounded interesting from the reports and I have not been following regularly since the pandemic hit.  Thanks for your explanation of Venetian rewards.

Back to the topic.  Luxury lines usually have zero benefits in the their guest programs.  They are not competing for loyalty.  The do recognize you in a different way -- with a welcome back style.

Regarding reciprocity on Az vs Celebrity, it was designed to get Celebrity loyalists to try Az and not the other way around.   Doubt that RCCL will extend that to Silversea. 

Having cruised on all of the majors, mid, and luxury we are itinerary driven.  We look at Crystal,  Silversea,  Az, O and RSSC in that order for our cruises.

As someone pointed out the prices that Az command for certain itineraries are really out of the market.  Still looking for a Japan for 2022 and Az and SS have the ones we like.  But comparing the two on a price/benefit SS wins hands down.  Have not made a final decision because of this COVID plague, really hate booking thinking we will go -- going 0 for 3 and likely 4 or 5 (with August and November in doubt)

Hopefully the new owners recognize the value of the brand and their loyal cruisers.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 2