sailing solo

flametsfan

35 minutes ago, flametsfan said:

Hi I got question to solo cruisers out there.I am booked on Msc seaside 2-28-21.If we sail just wondering how it is to sail solo on msc.

Similar to sailing solo on other lines. Much depends on how sociable you are. Most people are friendly and engaging and looking to have fun, make new friends, welcoming, etc. If you bump into some who aren't, just move on till you meet some friendlier folks. The cruise staff is phenomenal, very good at engaging the guests, etc and will be more than happy to include you in whatever activities if you're interested in participating.  

If you're Bella or Fantastica, they'll likely assign you to a table with other solos, to help engender conversation, etc. 

If Aurea or YC, you can ask for a table for 1, or ask to share - and if there's others willing to share, you'll be seated with them.. 

No worries, I'd sail Seaside solo in a heartbeat!

As a YC solo cruiser on Meraviglia, I found people to be sociable and friendly.  During a 7 day cruise, I met two pleasant couples in particular.  One couple invited me to dine with them one evening; the next evening all 5 of us chose to dine together.  There was very limited interaction with others, however, sitting at the YC Lounge's Bar.  (That Bar was not well patronized, though.  I found it difficult to engage the Bartender in a conversation which was unusual in my experience.)   The other Bar that I patronized outside of YC was the Meraviglia Lounge.  Interactions among guests seated at the Bar seemed limited as well.  More successful in speaking with guests seated at nearby tables in the Lounge.    

Outside of YC, it was not difficult to strike up a conversation with other guests in other venues.  There was a language issue at time.  I was seated at the CC M&G Party with a young couple from Croatia.  Their very limited English was better than their language of mine.   

For me, I chose MSC and particularly YC as a new cruise experience.  It was.  I would do it again.  

I did a repo cruise NYC to Miami 13 days this past 28 October. I was solo, had sailed w msc several times in the past (both as a single & couple). It was my first time on a mega ship w 4,000 plus passengers.

As with any vacation it's what you make it. I enjoy the msc product..I had a mid ship balcony cabin/ FANTASIA LEVEL.

The crew was great, the food was varied, plentiful w many dining venues to choose from.

As far as activities...the midship pool had lots of activity...pool games, bands , games etc. In doors there was a basketball court. bowling alley, shops a hood pub & bars w all sorts of style.

I stayed to myself for the most part but people were very friendly & op en to meeting others or join them in particular activities...lots to do or nothing but sit in a deck chair w a drink ...

Enjoy it...you'll wish you had longer onboard.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rotterdam said:

As far as activities...the midship pool had lots of activity...pool games, bands , games etc.

I keep forgetting to mention this when I post anything about my cruise on Meraviglia.  Even if one did not participate, it was fun to watch what was taking place and those guests who chose to participate in the games.  

On 7/24/2020 at 10:40 AM, flametsfan said:

Hi I got question to solo cruisers out there.I am booked on Msc seaside 2-28-21.If we sail just wondering how it is to sail solo on msc.

I sailed solo on the Seaside last November.  I am not very outgoing but had a good time.  I never went to the main dining room for dinner, though.  I usually sat at the bar for drinks and chatted with a few people from time to time.  I don't mind being alone, though.  It's a nice ship and there are many activities per day on the ship that I found myself going to for fun.  The entertainment crew kept pulling me out to dance during their dance parties which was nice 🙂  As most will say, it depends on how outgoing you are and what you're looking for.  Traveling solo meant I was always able to find a lounger on the top deck, always able to find a seat at the shows, even the busy one and always able to find somewhere to eat/sit for dinner.  I do regret not eating at the MDR but I was Bella and they gave me the early seating so I kept forgetting about it.  nevertheless, I didn't make any effort to change it to the late dining because I was really OK with the buffet and for the most part didn't feel like dressing up.  I enjoyed my trip and even though originally I wasn't planning on going solo again, I planned another solo cruise this fall, but am putting it off until next year because of COVID.  Check out my review: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=671394

• 1 month later...

I've sailed solo with MSC several times and loved it.  As people say, there are more passengers speaking other languages, but, I find a smile and a wave go a long way.  I did reviews of a few of my cruises, but, my pictures are gone, if you want to check them out. 

• Like 1