7-30-20 Thursday Weigh-In...Time For The Scale

Belle

Jan, your roast sounds amazing - happy birthday to your son.  I have a beef roast and some pork chops thawing for later this week.  Both sets of my grandparents lived through the depression, so I get "just in case."  We finally got rid of a lot this summer too - I'm still not sure where to put everything we are keeping though (where did it fit before?).

I've been having my "frustrated with COVID" moments lately too.  Our state isn't allowing spectators at high school sports - only athletes, coaches and officials.  I understand and am glad my child at least has a chance to play, but sad I don't get to watch him especially since he will be starting this year.  Also, one of my cousins passed away this weekend from cancer.  There will be a drive thru viewing, but no getting out of the car - so no offering a hug or even a hand squeeze to my aunt and cousins.  Again, I get it, but we are a hugging family and this feels weird.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hello everyone,

Belle, busy today with yard work and laundry. Been eating pretty healthy, all those peaches....

Jan, nice pork dinner you have planned. My hubby just keeps everything because. Me, the polar opposite. Although we purged a massive amount of stuff when we moved 3 years ago. 

Pacruise, you too, nice dinners. Sorry you will only have the drive by funeral. Wow, sad, but al least you have that.

My best friend and I (best friends for 46 years) are really bummed. Both our birthdays are in Sept., a few days apart. No matter what was going on in our families, ill parents, busy jobs, etc, we have never missed a birthday celebration together, until this year. She is a cancer survivor and well, too risky in my opinion to get together. I e-mailed her this past Sunday and told her I feel weird saying that we can't get together but I'm just too scared to maybe put her in jeopardy. She agreed. Oh well, next year some time we will get together and celebrate. 

Have a good evening, Diana

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

After finishing up this weekend's orders, I spent all day Sunday lesson planning for this week. The kids had dentist appointments today, and my DS, who is 8, asked if they were really allowed to go out. Other than walks, riding bikes, and going to the pool a couple times in our neighborhood, they haven't been out of the house in almost 5 months! But man can they both run a Zoom call!  

Belle - keep it going! I love to come in and say hi. 🙂

Pacruise - sorry for your loss.

Jan - I hope you find some real treasures!

Ombud - Welcome (back). I think I'm officially heading up the hill of my weight loss roller coaster too. 

Diana - I'm a Sept baby too. Sorry you won't be seeing your friend this year.

• Thanks 1

So - I am pretty sure that Belle is a September birthday .... I am also .... Mine is the 18th ... when is everyone else's?  Jan

Belle - we will have to have a birthday party this year for all!

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Diana - We will have to start celebrating birthdays again!

My daughter was just telling me that her son (kindergartner) will be going to school Monday & Thursday or Tuesday and Friday.  Wednesday will be a zoom type classroom school at home.  It should be interesting.  I truly hope that it will work academically.  Jan

Couldn't get on today. Read now and yes my birthday is Sept. 1st.   Lot of  Birthdays in Sept.

Good to see you all. Glad you still want to be here.  Will write tomorrow it's late now.

Have a good Wed. everyone.

Edited by Belle