Asking for refund... who does it go to ?

madster66

Hi I am hoping someone can help me! I had an oceana cruise booked with my mother.. with me as lead passenger. We booked directly with P&O. Can I ask for FCC and a refund for my mother ?? Or do we both have to make the same decision. Also who would the refund get paid too ?? Me as lead passenger or split between us. Thanks for your help in advance 😁😁⛴⛴

I can help a little as my friend and her sister were in a similar situation. My friend was the lead passenger and paid on her CC. When P&0 cancelled the cruise her sister wanted a refund but Margaret wanted FCC. As the cruise was booked as a whole booking it couldn't be split so they both took a refund. The refund will be paid back into the account that it was paid from, so you would have to reimburse your mother. I hope that helps.

Avril 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what happens if the credit card that paid the deposit has been cancelled. We have asked for a refund of our deposit for an Oceana cruise. It’s only £100 as we booked on board. We filled in the online form and, as requested, haven’t spoken to anyone. I don’t think P&O will be able to identify that the card has been cancelled. I’m not expecting to hear anything soon based on the comments about delays with refunds. As a matter of principle I don’t want to lose the money though. 

Does anyone know what happens if the credit card that paid the deposit has been cancelled. We have asked for a refund of our deposit for an Oceana cruise. It’s only £100 as we booked on board. We filled in the online form and, as requested, haven’t spoken to anyone. I don’t think P&O will be able to identify that the card has been cancelled. I’m not expecting to hear anything soon based on the comments about delays with refunds. As a matter of principle I don’t want to lose the money though. 

We have just cancelled a last based holiday booking with trip advisor and the refund went to a now closed credit card. I called the credit card company and they transferred my refund to my bank account. All sorted within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks SarahHben

If we don’t get notified by P&O, I’ll check with the CC after the 60 days we’ve been told it might take. We didn’t get paper statements, only online, so not sure how we would know if it’s been credited. Thanks for your response.

• Like 1

May not be relevant,  but we booked through a TA,  paid by cc, and our refund was by cheque, direct from P&O. We filled in the online redund request form, which asked how much refund we were expecting. 

I still wonder if I should have doubled my refund request, and seen what might have happened! (Joke, obvs)