Future Cruise Credit

jksinc

I have a FCC that expires in April 2021.  I may not be able to cruise before that time.  Has anyone been able to have an FCC extended?  Since we have not been able to use it, will Celebrity extend the useful date by the amount of time cruising has been shut down?  Your thoughts?

I suspect your FCC is not related to the current suspension of sailing.   Usually with these FCC the date was considered the "book by" date and could be for a cruise much later.   The caveat was that if YOU cancelled the cruise after the expiry date of FCC it's basically lost.

With the quantity of FCCs being generated with the current circumstances they have put much tighter constraints on them for good reason as they are liabilities on the books that they can't carry forever.

I would ask this question to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com so you get a response in writing.

Edited by wrk2cruise

From Celebrity FAQ's

If my current sailing has been canceled and had used a previously issued FCC, what will the amount of my newly issued FCC?

Guest will receive the original amount of FCC back in the form of a new FCC with an expiration of December 31, 2021.  Any amount paid for the current sailing higher than the original FCC may be issued within the new FCC at 125% of amounts paid or may be refunded at 100% of amounts paid.

Does the ex-date of Dec. 2021 mean BOOK by date or SAIL by date, please? I have two FCC's to use and can only use one per cruise. These FCC's are from July 2020 NRD that I cancelled before final pay date. 

Book by.    I believe all CwC FCCs have a sail by date of April/May 2022.   I read recently that someone said their TA was able to call Celebrity and get multiple added to a single sailing.  I was thinking of asking since I cancelled a B2B in November with reduced deposits so my DW and I each have 2 $100 FCC's.   I was hoping they would accept them both on a single sailing.   I would not expect them to accept multiple large FCCs for a single sailing.

5 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Are you sure that if you use a FCC that Celebrity will then reissue another one if they cancel the cruise? What about if you cancel the cruise?    Or is the FCC lost forever??

Celebrity cancelled a cruise on which I had used FCCs as partial payment.  They were reissued.