Received My Gift Card Refund

tigereye

From my April 19 cruise. I have previously rebooked my cruise for next Spring, but I received my refund from my Drink Package purchase yesterday. Paid with 3 cards and received 1 card with total cost on it. Happy and ready to buy drink package for upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for me also. My May 9th cruise was cancelled April 2nd and I am still waiting for a refund of about 1900 dollars back to a gift card. I received the credit card part of my payment July 16th but nothing on the gift card side. I would have taken the FCC but my cruise mate wanted a refund and Carnival would not split the booking to give me the FCC and and my cruise mate a refund.

Wow.  I must be lucky.  Got a replacement gift card for excursions on my March cruise by mid June.  This week got two of three from my cancelled Sept cruise.

I had to set up a spread sheet to keep track of them since now I'm waiting for some from the cancelled October cruise.  The reference number that comes with them is meaningless to me.  🙄

• Like 1

Our 4/24/20 cruise on the Breeze was cancelled and we transferred money to a similar cruise on 3/27/21.    I had already paid for excursions that we cancelled 3/30 using $50 gift card to cover part of it and credit card for the rest.    Credit card was credited 5/7 but never heard anything on the $50 gift card.    I called Carnival and there was a glitch somewhere and it was missed and they reprocessed paperwork for it then.    I received it about a week later on 7/22/20.  So anyone waiting a long time for gift card credits might want to check with Carnival.   

Now the only thing we are waiting for is a credit from Go-Port Canaveral for the shuttle/hotel $279 that we had booked.    We cancelled this on 3/30 and was told we would receive a full refund.    Checked a month later and said that we would receive only 70% refund but their staff was working from home and wasn't able to do it.    Now we are in miid August and everytime you check the status it comes back with the same reply.     They will email when it has been processed.    They went from having great reviews on Tripadvisor to everyone in the same "boat" - no pun intended - as me.    Just waiting.    Wondering if anyone has gotten any resolution from Go Port Canaveral.     I looked on Florida Departures but the few posts were people also waiting.  I've never disputed a charge on my credit card and wondered if this would be the time to do it.   If they would only give me a date when I can expect it I would be satisfied.      Stay healthy everyone... 

Just as a heads up to anyone who had their original gift card shipped to their PO Box, Carnival sent my PO Box address to Card Fulfillment Services and they then shipped my refund (gift cards) via FedEx to the PO Box.  FedEx contacted me earlier today requesting a physical street address which I provided but a few hours later returned the shipment to the shipper (Card Fulfillment Services) telling me that this shipper does not allow a shipment to be directed to anywhere other than the address on the shipping label.  Why Card Fulfillment would even attempt to ship to a PO Box via FedEx is beyond my understanding.  I contacted Card Fulfillment Services by email and have already received a reply that they need to contact Carnival with my "correct" address (the PO Box is correct and safer for me to receive our mail in this area and my Carnival profile has the street address) but the person replying indicated that hopefully they will be able to send the gift cards within one week to the street address.  Time will tell. It's only been 4 months tomorrow since requesting the refund after all!  No more pre-boarding purchases for me ever again.  I'll take the suggestion (Saint Greg I believe and thank you for it if you're reading this!) and just have the gift card amount loaded on to my account once onboard.

Bottom line here is if your original gift card order was shipped to your PO Box, you still have work to do in order to get your refund.  Here's hoping that all who are awaiting refunds receive them very soon.

Edited by Florida Paesano
  • Like 1

I just got mine this week too! May cruise cancelled by them in April. I was starting to wonder if I was going to have to call. Now just hoping my July 2021 Mardi Gras Cruise happens so I can use them!

On 8/12/2020 at 5:42 PM, Florida Paesano said:

Just as a heads up to anyone who had their original gift card shipped to their PO Box, Carnival sent my PO Box address to Card Fulfillment Services and they then shipped my refund (gift cards) via FedEx to the PO Box.  FedEx contacted me earlier today requesting a physical street address which I provided but a few hours later returned the shipment to the shipper (Card Fulfillment Services) telling me that this shipper does not allow a shipment to be directed to anywhere other than the address on the shipping label.  Why Card Fulfillment would even attempt to ship to a PO Box via FedEx is beyond my understanding.  I contacted Card Fulfillment Services by email and have already received a reply that they need to contact Carnival with my "correct" address (the PO Box is correct and safer for me to receive our mail in this area and my Carnival profile has the street address) but the person replying indicated that hopefully they will be able to send the gift cards within one week to the street address.  Time will tell. It's only been 4 months tomorrow since requesting the refund after all!  No more pre-boarding purchases for me ever again.  I'll take the suggestion (Saint Greg I believe and thank you for it if you're reading this!) and just have the gift card amount loaded on to my account once onboard.

Bottom line here is if your original gift card order was shipped to your PO Box, you still have work to do in order to get your refund.  Here's hoping that all who are awaiting refunds receive them very soon.

If you want the card to go to your PO Box, give the street address of the post office, then c/o your box #.