A Fantasy about the Fantasy

TxShipShape

A lot of cruisers like the size of the Fantasy class ships.  With more efficient power plants, LNG for example and automation to cut the crew count down, we would hope the ship designers could make a under 80,000-ton ship that could be a money maker.  Some of the other brands have these sizes of ship but they do not have the Carnival personality which is why we sail Carnival.  Yes, I know we are looking four to five years out but let us fantasize and come of with some ideas for what we want or do not want to see in our new Fantasy II

Just now, TxShipShape said:

A lot of cruisers like the size of the Fantasy class ships.  With more efficient power plants, LNG for example and automation to cut the crew count down, we would hope the ship designers could make a under 80,000-ton ship that could be a money maker.  Some of the other brands have these sizes of ship but they do not have the Carnival personality which is why we sail Carnival.  Yes, I know we are looking four to five years out but let us fantasize and come of with some ideas for what we want or do not want to see in our new Fantasy II

Sorry.  I'd rather see a roll out of additional Spirit Class ships.  Still a crowd favorite and STILL the best layout.

Never a big fan of the Fantasy Class.

• Like 2

I have sailed both Fantasy class and Spirit class, and I agree that I love the layout of the Spirit class the best. It is so dang easy to navigate. 

That said, I loved my cruise I did on Paradise this past January. I hope they keep some Fantasy class ships around for a while as I would like to sail some again soon!

3 hours ago, St.Pete said:

Sorry.  I'd rather see a roll out of additional Spirit Class ships.  Still a crowd favorite and STILL the best layout.

Never a big fan of the Fantasy Class.

I'm with you. My favorite ship is the Legend.  We've only sailed her once. But would again if her home port was more convenient to us.  We did sail the Fantasy twice only because she was ported in Charleston and that's where our daughter lives.  It was very convenient to just jump on the Fantasy for a quickie Bahamas cruise. We didn't have to worry about a hotel, parking or boarding our dog.

Up the balcony count, more efficient power plant and automation to cut the crew count. The idea would be to reduce the operating costs and make it desirable to sail on. I would like to see some solo cabins. Maybe solo balcony.  They could put them between to normal balconies so they could also be used as MIL type family suite.

Most ships I have been on cruise in the 17-19 kn. range with a max speed 23 kn .or so. ( some faster, some slower).  How about having bragging rights for the fastest cruise ship currently sailing.  With access to smaller ports that would give the itinerary  planners more options for desirable cruises.  

Well, the Carnival "personality" is rather what I'm trying to get away from.  Yes, I'm getting old, but I've always liked to find somewhere relatively sedate to read and relax on sea days.  That's virtually impossible on Carnival ships.  Even early in the morning when few people are out and about, the bad pop music is blaring in all locations.

Hey, I sail solo and I sail in inside cabins to keep the cost down thanks to Carnival giving no break to solo cruises.  So I hate to have to retreat to my cabin to get even a little respite from the FUN FUN FUN being shoved down my throat.

I know HAL has a reputation for being a floating retirement home, but the demographic on their Caribbean sailings isn't quite as old.  Their ships are very much like the Spirit class.  Beautiful ships; good food; good service, and you get to go to Half Moon Cay every time!  The space ratio on their ships is much better than on most of Carnival's.  The space ratio on the refurbished Sunshine class is just awful.

I love the Fantasy class.  I probably have enough nights on those ships alone to make Platinum.  Fantasy was my 2nd Carnival cruise and I sailed her many times, especially after she moved to Charleston.  Ecstasy is my least favorite.  When she replaced Fantasy, I was surprised at how much more worn out she seemed.

But I believe that if people want a smaller ship, they'll just have to sail on other lines.  I really can't see the trend of BIGGER, MORE BELLS-and-WHISTLES and more people crammed into public spaces going away.  Not for Carnival, at least.