MSC Seaside - Free vs Fee-Based Activities

lifeasme123

I was on Seaview a year ago. There is a fee for the zipline (can't remember the price, but I dp remenber that a unlimited pass was no more than 2,5 times the price of a single ride). However, the zipline seemed rather boring to me. Two words: short and slow. I didn't see many people trying either.

The waterslides are free, but have an age limit and you have to sign a waiver and get an wrist band to prove.

Other amenitites with a fee were the bowling alley, arcade games and 5D cinema.

Thank you for the responses.

We were on Seaside the first month after she arrived to Miami.  At the time, zipline was a fee.  I agree it is slow and short.  I remembered the water slides and we (and our little daughter) enjoyed it.  We didn't F1, 4D or bowling back then and do not intend to do it again this time.  I was curious if the waer slide is a fee now.  🙂

14 minutes ago, lifeasme123 said:

I was curious if the water slide is a fee now.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember hearing that was a consideration for the interactive slide board one.  I think they could never get it working properly and that fee idea was probably scrapped.

interactive slide was replaced with a normal slide ride on our March 2019 cruise.  We loved the interactive but people kept getting stuck so the attendants had to slide down to rescue causing delays.    no fees on any slides 

I don't remember the actual slide being replaced.  First several months sailings they tried the interactive slide boards but had many problems so they switched to tubes on my later sailing.  I think early on they considered it, but agree they never actually charged a fee.

Thanks everyone.  I remember tubing...but I do not recall if it was on Mera or Seaside.  We are booked for the holiday cruise this Dec...crossing fingers it will sail!  Now I think about it...the pool, slides and zip line will be packed with kids.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, lifeasme123 said:

Now I think about it...the pool, slides and zip line will be packed with kids.

With the reduced capacity and COVID concerns I doubt there will be the usual number of kids packing the ship if it does cruise before the end of the year. We are booked on the New Years cruise on Seaside so are also hoping it will still go. If the European cruises continue to be successful hopefully that will encourage the CDC to lift its cruise ban in the US.

1 hour ago, 40yearcruiser said:

With the reduced capacity and COVID concerns I doubt there will be the usual number of kids packing the ship if it does cruise before the end of the year. We are booked on the New Years cruise on Seaside so are also hoping it will still go. If the European cruises continue to be successful hopefully that will encourage the CDC to lift its cruise ban in the US.

Looks like we are on the same sailing  

I am being optimistic.....

On 8/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, dapreston said:

interactive slide was replaced with a normal slide ride on our March 2019 cruise.  We loved the interactive but people kept getting stuck so the attendants had to slide down to rescue causing delays.    no fees on any slides 

When I was on Seaview the interactive slides were operational, but only few people were actually using the system. It appeared quite complicated, while all everyone wanted to do was get a slide, hurry up the stairs and get down fast as possible. Almost all the time the list of high scores was just the same person repeatedly.