Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Well, I guess it is in the regular place. There is an alternate dock a bit downriver as well.  Nice pic.

Thanks -- as we were walking up to the Citadel (I'm a history geek and wanted to see the Montcalm and Plains of Abraham and such like), I looked back and realized what a great view it was down to the ship.  The main things that made it a good shot was the terrain, and the glorious fall weather that day.

Dave

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RetiredMustang said:

Thanks -- as we were walking up to the Citadel (I'm a history geek and wanted to see the Montcalm and Plains of Abraham and such like), I looked back and realized what a great view it was down to the ship.  The main things that made it a good shot was the terrain, and the glorious fall weather that day.

Dave

Did you take the steps (a workout) or the funiculaire to go from the lower to the upper town?

12 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Dave , good eye on Split!  I was going to post a local beer as a hint but you didn’t need it.

Now since Copper is so good with Giraffes,  what port is this one at?  

Since we're talking Lego, how 'bout Nieuw Statendam with working lights 😉

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Did you take the steps (a workout) or the funiculaire to go from the lower to the upper town?

We took the funiculaire ..but I nearly ended up on my stern sheets when we walked across the wooden planks outside the hotel -- they were covered with frost.  Luckily, the sun rose higher and a brisk walk warmed us up.

Dave

5 hours ago, RetiredMustang said:

Here is a hint:  most of the people speak their native language, but the official language is French.

Dave

Another hint:  Just before the one port call, we had made a call to this tender port.  Both places are Loyal parts of the same political entity.

1512857378_whichtenderport.jpg.dfcefae5bbce6bd5846d133ef2cd96c5.jpg

Dave

1 minute ago, RetiredMustang said:

We took the funiculaire ..but I nearly ended up on my stern sheets when we walked across the wooden planks outside the hotel -- they were covered with frost.  Luckily, the sun rose higher and a brisk walk warmed us up.

Dave

No bueno! My spouse, who stands all of 4'11" got bowled over at the same spot (just outside the funiculaire upper entrance/exit) by a woman who was not paying attention where she was going. Maria went flying but luckily only some bruising, so all ended up well, like your experience

1 minute ago, RetiredMustang said:

No, sorry, I just saw the photo op as we got out of the tour bus and headed to the tender pier through the street market.  But, if it helps, here is one of the places we went on the tour.

222736789_CliffsofJokin.jpg.5ee2950a7308c29043288dd60a5cf951.jpg

Dave

New Caledonia?

7 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

New Caledonia?

Yes, good enough to declare victory.  The first port is Easo, Ile de Lifou, the second tender port I used as a hint is Tadine, Ile de Mare'.  Both are in the Loyalty Islands, and are off the main island of the French Department de Nouvelle Caledonie.

The last hint photo is of the Cliffs of Jokin, a picturesque spot.

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang
  • Like 1