Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

1 minute ago, RetiredMustang said:

Maybe Cabo San Lucas?  Every time we go, there are tons more condos, hotels, etc.

Dave

Si Senor! Winner! 🙂 Also the ever present PWC's who you have to warn at times to get away from the tenders and tender platform. Rules do not apply to some

9 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Si Senor! Winner! 🙂 Also the ever present PWC's who you have to warn at times to get away from the tenders and tender platform. Rules do not apply to some

The uninvited guests I remember from the last time we were there a couple of years ago were the sea lions, that would jump onto the low aft transoms of the fishing boats and beg for the scraps from the fishermen cleaning their catch.  I was never fast enough to get a good photo, but they were so comical, both DW and I fell about laughing.

Edited to add a photo I found on the internet:

49221999648_1d23363d00_b.jpg.b279496e3b181a190df83a817c66c560.jpg

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RetiredMustang said:

The uninvited guests I remember from the last time we were there a couple of years ago were the sea lions, that would jump onto the low aft transoms of the fishing boats and beg for the scraps from the fishermen cleaning their catch.  I was never fast enough to get a good photo, but they were so comical, both DW and I fell about laughing.

Dave

They even named one of them "Pancho"

A Visit from Pancho - Picture of Silverados Sportsfishing, Cabo San Lucas -  Tripadvisor

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Next?

image.thumb.jpeg.88e6683e26c0895a7e1d334621ffa145.jpeg

Looks Adriatical .. I'm going to have to try to think of all the ports we hit that were "Greek, then Roman, then Venetian before thus and so happened."  (I shouldn't probably say that -- The ports were all beautiful, but they did tend to run together with so many in a row.)  

BTW, thanks for starting this thread; I'm really enjoying it (although some may think Copper 10-8 and I may be having a bit too much fun playing "Can You Top This" with each other 😁)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Hi, we are not HAL cruisers but NCL cruisers. I love this thread and I hope you don't mind me butting in and giving a contribution:

Veendam:  (sorry but I had to blacken out the date in the corner - it would give it away)

image.thumb.png.9e0f88d18ee0bf4bd78492b8f5124f97.png

All are welcome here😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Hi, we are not HAL cruisers but NCL cruisers. I love this thread and I hope you don't mind me butting in and giving a contribution:

Veendam:  (sorry but I had to blacken out the date in the corner - it would give it away)

image.thumb.png.9e0f88d18ee0bf4bd78492b8f5124f97.png

Welcome to the HAL board and that looks like the pier at Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia, Argentina. Those tan uniforms and orange day-glo vests in the distance look familiar 😉 plus Veendam is flying the Argentinian national colors from her starboard side main mast 

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Welcome to the HAL board and that looks like the pier at Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia, Argentina. Those tan uniforms and orange day-glo vests in the distance look familiar 😉 plus Veendam is flying the Argentinian national colors from her starboard side main mast 

Yes! You're correct!

It was before Veendam was due to start coming to Bermuda on weekly basis in Summer 2010, and it was our first time seeing Veendam. He was due to spend 4 days/3 overnights, docking in both St. George's and Hamilton .... but when we saw him we exclaimed that he's too big to enter the Town Cut to St. George's ... unfortunately we were correct. He ended up docked the whole time in Hamilton whenever he came to Bermuda the next few summer seasons.

The last photo is the Veendam, several hours later,  in the Beagle Channel (as we were) waiting for the Argentinan passport patrol to board to give okay to leave Argentina. It was late at night.

DSCN5426.JPG

DSCN5465.JPG

DSCN5487.JPG

• Like 3