is aqua or concierge worth it ?

sullyd

59 minutes ago, D C said:

Personally, I think the $300 would be better spent on specialty dining than on Blu, but not everyone would share that opinion of course. 

I agree.  Book Concierge or a regular veranda and use the money saved to dine in one of the speciality restaurants.  I booked Aqua Class once and I personally did not find the food in Blu to be much better than the food in the main dining room.  The service in Blu was better but the food was just ok.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, Jazzbo said:

Yes, we were in 1138 on the Summit in April 2019 just upstairs from the Sunset Bar.  I prefer the canopy over the Sunset Bar because I like to sit in the shade there, but the balcony is so deep that you have privacy if you're sitting closer to the cabin.  We loved the convenience of one of us being able to go down the steps to the Sunset Bar to bring drinks back to our balcony.  In fact, we are currently booked on a TA on the Constellation out of Rome in October 2021, and I saw that 1138 became available over the weekend, so I asked our cruise agent to change us to 1138.  Yay!  I think 1140 has an even bigger balcony.

Yes 1140 has a bigger balcony. We had no issues with the bacon strips because of the deep balcony. And I love those back steps to the Sunset Bar. 

Laura

On 9/25/2020 at 4:15 PM, Laurab23 said:

Yes 1140 has a bigger balcony. We had no issues with the bacon strips because of the deep balcony. And I love those back steps to the Sunset Bar. 

Laura

The steps to the sunset are one of the reasons we love deck 11.

On our last Summit cruise, there was a couple in one of those aft rooms that spent a LOT of time close to the railing.  It seemed so un-private.  But not having stayed in those rooms, I wasn't sure how private they could be.  

We did Aqua class the last time we sailed with Celebrity and were really disappointed with the meals in Blu.  After hearing so many good things it was such a disappointment and I’m not a fussy eater.  The Persian garden just didn’t work out as I could never get a bed so I wouldn’t do Aqua again.  Maybe we were just unlucky.  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, QCAZ said:

We do like Concierge and what we book.  Better cabin locations and depending on class larger.  We do like the more relaxed boarding day lunch.... not fond of buffets anyway and boarding day usually very crowded and hectic ... also able to leave carry on luggage (though now can drop off in cabin I guess).  We switch out the bottle of bubbly for Prosecco.  The little canapés are kinda fun and generally get them right about the time we return to the cabin.  We also really like having the expanded room service menu for breakfast as found we prefer to have breakfast on our balcony .... nice way to start the day and we don’t need to rush getting dressed and out.  The double points and other little perks are nice as well, but not the main draw.  

Aqua does not appeal to us mainly because most cabin locations are not desirable.  Persian Gardens and the other perks over concierge not a draw.  Know many people love Blu but for us menu just not real appealing and though the dinning room may be smaller it is still crowded and tables very close together.   We get a specialty dinning package and break up MDR with that  ..... far more enjoyable.  

Agree totally with your views on CC over AQ.  Good cabin location, sailaway MDR lunch to avoid buffet crowds, and disembark whenever we please.  AND love the expanded b'fast menu too!  We do not mind the noise at dinner in the MDR as we really enjoy meeting new people, many of whom we have stayed in touch with over the years.

• Like 1