NEED HELP WITH FUTURE CRUISE CERTIFICATES

victory2020

Hello, I have a cruise on hold that has to be paid for today. My husband & I both have future cruise certificates. I have never used them on HAL, only Princess. Are they similar? I am getting a lot of OBC so I would rather save these for a future cruise if they come with OBC (and are they refundable if they expire?) I will pay cruise in full by the end of the month (& will be paying with gift cards) so money out of pocket is irrelevant to me. Thanks for explaining how they work!

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Hello, I have a cruise on hold that has to be paid for today. My husband & I both have future cruise certificates. I have never used them on HAL, only Princess. Are they similar? I am getting a lot of OBC so I would rather save these for a future cruise if they come with OBC (and are they refundable if they expire?) I will pay cruise in full by the end of the month (& will be paying with gift cards) so money out of pocket is irrelevant to me. Thanks for explaining how they work!

I think you mean you have a Future Cruise Deposit?  One you bought on board for $100?

If so, yes you can save it and if you don’t use it within 4 years, it is refundable.

If you really have a Future Cruise Credit then they have certain terms and conditions and do expire so use them or lose them.

but I think you are dealing with the former?

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

I think you mean you have a Future Cruise Deposit?  One you bought on board for $100?

If so, yes you can save it and if you don’t use it within 4 years, it is refundable.

If you really have a Future Cruise Credit then they have certain terms and conditions and do expire so use them or lose them.

but I think you are dealing with the former?

Yes, the former. I'm trying to figure this all out. I just tried to call them & they closed 5 min ago. Don't know if I have a booking or not - I think one future cruise deposit was applied, don't know if that held it. I had $50 OBC to start now it says $150 - did I get $100 for the certificate? I can't imagine I got that much. I am planning on paying by the 30th so I'' receive another $250. We don't spend much onboard & last time forfeited some OBC so 'd rather use the certificates on another cruise .

4 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Yes, the former. I'm trying to figure this all out. I just tried to call them & they closed 5 min ago. Don't know if I have a booking or not - I think one future cruise deposit was applied, don't know if that held it. I had $50 OBC to start now it says $150 - did I get $100 for the certificate? I can't imagine I got that much. I am planning on paying by the 30th so I'' receive another $250. We don't spend much onboard & last time forfeited some OBC so 'd rather use the certificates on another cruise .

Depending on the length of your cruise - yes you could easily have a $100 OBC from using the Future Cruise Deposit.  

it sounds like it was used for your deposit, so you will need to call and ask them to put it back in the your “bank” and be prepared to put down a deposit at the same time.

I’m in awe as I easily use that and more on board 😉 

Hope this helps a bit.  I’m in the reverse situation.  Always use my FCD to a) save putting money down and b) for the OBC.  I’ll take all I can get 😉

Just now, kazu said:

Depending on the length of your cruise - yes you could easily have a $100 OBC from using the Future Cruise Deposit.  

it sounds like it was used for your deposit, so you will need to call and ask them to put it back in the your “bank” and be prepared to put down a deposit at the same time.

I’m in awe as I easily use that and more on board 😉 

Hope this helps a bit.  I’m in the reverse situation.  Always use my FCD to a) save putting money down and b) for the OBC.  I’ll take all I can get 😉

It's only a 7 day cruise so $100 seems like a lot, hopefully I can call tomorrow & find out exact situation. Looks like it's a large deposit if I don't use FCD but it's just sitting in a gift card so it doesn't matter what the deposit is.

8 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

It's only a 7 day cruise so $100 seems like a lot, hopefully I can call tomorrow & find out exact situation. Looks like it's a large deposit if I don't use FCD but it's just sitting in a gift card so it doesn't matter what the deposit is.

Nope - that would be right with the old FCD’s

This is a screenshot from the website:

8BA66FA5-3163-4241-B74A-7B2148A6AA63.thumb.png.482399b5d70aebd9f23eea55cf973a73.png

It’s one of the reasons a number of us buy FCD’s - reduced deposit and OBC. 😉 

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Nope - that would be right with the old FCD’s

This is a screenshot from the website:

8BA66FA5-3163-4241-B74A-7B2148A6AA63.thumb.png.482399b5d70aebd9f23eea55cf973a73.png

It’s one of the reasons a number of us buy FCD’s - reduced deposit and OBC. 😉 

This is shareholder, right? I'll be getting that also.