I Miss Cruising!

pengu1n

I'm doing OK on the good food, made at home or takeout, not so much on the drinks as that's a social thing and there's not much of that.  Distant scenery would be nice.  I'm covered on the blue water though...perk of living in a South Florida beach town.  I miss just being on the ship - the sights, smells, and motion of the ocean.

I miss Disney too - my last vacation away from home was the first week of March - usually I'd have been at Disney World at lest two more times by now.  I can go to Disney if I wanted, but they are requiring masks at all times even outdoors - and there's just no part of 100 degree temps, 90% humidity, and wearing a mask outdoors that I want any part of...so I'll wait!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Cruising and the lack of it is just symbolic of enjoying life's many pleasures.

We are at a unique place in human history where we are choosing between the value of selfish pleasure versus a little sacrifice from all for a while so more people can enjoy a few more pleasures before they pass.   

Part of pleasure is capture memories in pictures, this year I sold my D4, Df, D810 and have my D5 for sell.   Keeping my lens as they don't depreciate and the next time I need them things all these tools will be even cheaper, for now my iPhone12 will be mroe than good enough upgrade from my iPhoneXs

I'll likely have to wait till 2022 to visit the big house, shoot my daughter, and take a cruise....

135.jpg

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 3:48 PM, Cruiser Forever said:

I miss cruising too and was so disappointed I had 2 cruises cancelled.   Hope that 2021 I can sail away on my 2 cruises that are already booked.  

Oh, that must have been disappointing! I hope it works out for your re-bookings.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:16 PM, chipmaster said:

Cruising and the lack of it is just symbolic of enjoying life's many pleasures.

We are at a unique place in human history where we are choosing between the value of selfish pleasure versus a little sacrifice from all for a while so more people can enjoy a few more pleasures before they pass.   

Part of pleasure is capture memories in pictures, this year I sold my D4, Df, D810 and have my D5 for sell.   Keeping my lens as they don't depreciate and the next time I need them things all these tools will be even cheaper, for now my iPhone12 will be mroe than good enough upgrade from my iPhoneXs

I'll likely have to wait till 2022 to visit the big house, shoot my daughter, and take a cruise....

135.jpg

Almost hard to remember being in a crowd like this!