Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

2 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I believe that is the Commodore Club on QE.  The starboard side where the CC meetings are usually held.

I thought it might have been port side but you're probably right.

It is port side. Starboard has a picture of the ship in Sydney

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/shiptour.php?r=7065

Edited by Ray66

Hi @Ray66.  That looks like the deck 2 library window seats by the magazine shelves, but I can't tell whether QV or QE.  Both ships' libraries have those reading desks.  The Cunard brochure is open to a QM2 page, so that doesn't give a hint.  The paper is the Telegraph, and until the pause in ops QE hadn't been around the UK much, so I'll flip a coin and say QV?  

8 hours ago, Ray66 said:

Nearly right. The photo was taken in the library on the QE in 2012 on a five day cruise to Amsterdam, Zeebrugge and Le Havre.

My lucky coin failed me.  Well, the Telegraph paper at least provided a good clue on the geography of the voyage.  QE didn't have real British newspapers during her time in Australia, Japan, and Alaska.  The wife and I really like those library reading desks.  We are often there on sea days, after breakfast and before the day's insight talks get underway. 

What I meant was that I couldn’t make out what we are seeing through the glass in the doors. Are we in G32 looking out to the Queen’s Room, or are we in the Queen’s Room looking in to G32?

Having given it more thought, I believe those ‘saloon doors’ are on the G32 side so that means we’re looking out, towards the Queen’s Room. But I still can’t work out what that is through the windows. That slightly angled corridor at the left ( to a toilet?) makes me think this is the port-side of the ship.