Virtual treasure hunt.

Lanky Lad

On 10/4/2020 at 2:29 AM, Host Hattie said:

Perhaps I should have started a new name that drink thread

Screenshot_20201004-082705.png

I think that's an "Aviation" in the Commodore Club of QV. I'm no expert on drinks, but I found your previous post in your "Notes from Queen Victoria to the Mediterranean" thread. 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

I think that's an "Aviation" in the Commodore Club of QV. I'm no expert on drinks, but I found your previous post in your "Notes from Queen Victoria to the Mediterranean" thread. 😉

I thought you might ....😄. It is & here's the recipe

Screenshot_20201008-103842.png

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It's not the Officer's dining room, is it?

It is. Well done.

On the maiden voyage I was exploring the new ship. For some reason the Officers Mess didn't yet have a door and I just wandered in. It took a while to work out what this was. It had a door on our next cruise and I've never seen it open since.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2020 at 12:36 PM, Lanky Lad said:

How about this drink.  A fancy version of a classic. The colour is a hint to the flavour.

drink.jpg

On the subject of drink pictures from a few days ago that haven't been solved, I'll give this one a go.

Could this possibly be a "Molecular Mojito Martini"? I've found a couple pictures of that drink which look somewhat similar and here is the description of that drink in an online Commodore Club menu.

"The Classic with a New Age Twist, mixed with Bacardi Superior and Fresh Lime served straight up and garnished with a Crème de Menthe infused foam."

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sfred said:

Looks like something that would be on those quirky lower deck bow corridors that extend alongside Illuminations to staircase A?

There are some on those corridors, but this one is on a higher deck.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

On the subject of drink pictures from a few days ago that haven't been solved, I'll give this one a go.

Could this possibly be a "Molecular Mojito Martini"? I've found a couple pictures of that drink which look somewhat similar and here is the description of that drink in an online Commodore Club menu.

"The Classic with a New Age Twist, mixed with Bacardi Superior and Fresh Lime served straight up and garnished with a Crème de Menthe infused foam."

It was indeed a Molecular Mojito.  I am happy to say it tasted better than it looked.

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

It is. Well done.

On the maiden voyage I was exploring the new ship. For some reason the Officers Mess didn't yet have a door and I just wandered in. It took a while to work out what this was. It had a door on our next cruise and I've never seen it open since.

Just out of interest, where is it?  My guess would be deck two or three next to the galley.

7 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

The carpet and the pillars say QM2 Grand Lobby. But I'm sure those table lamps came from the Princess Grill.

I can't speak to the table lamps since I've never been in the grills, but they are different from what I see in photos of this location from other years. The location is indeed the QM2 Grand Lobby. That photo is from 2015 so we are seeing the pre-remastering carpet there.

19 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I can't speak to the table lamps since I've never been in the grills, but they are different from what I see in photos of this location from other years.

I've never seen them in the Grand Lobby either. They look silver. The Queens' Grill had the same but in gold.

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

The carpet and the pillars say QM2 Grand Lobby. But I'm sure those table lamps came from the Princess Grill.

I loathed those table lamps,with a passion. I think they're gone now, at least from the QG. Hurray.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:51 PM, Lanky Lad said:

There are some on those corridors, but this one is on a higher deck.

I recall there being some commemorative displays in the QM2 bridge viewing area on deck 12, but I am not finding any pictures of what might actually be on those walls.

I also recall there being a prominent sign saying that one should not be taking photos in the bridge viewing area, though.

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

I recall there being some commemorative displays in the QM2 bridge viewing area on deck 12, but I am not finding any pictures of what might actually be on those walls.

I also recall there being a prominent sign saying that one should not be taking photos in the bridge viewing area, though.

It was on Deck 12 but in the corridor leading to the viewing area so it was ok to take the picture there (I hope).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's the next in my series of floral arrangement photos. Where is this arrangement located?

image.thumb.png.ac233601fa4d82357f59adfe90f660e9.png

That would be in the centre of the Grand Lobby, Deck 1, on QE.

I had to check the floor pattern against my own photos to decide QE or QV.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

That would be in the centre of the Grand Lobby, Deck 1, on QE.

I had to check the floor pattern against my own photos to decide QE or QV.

That's correct. I went through the same exercise comparing floor patterns to make sure I was providing enough information to determine which ship this is.